Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly i in no way mean this in disrespect for any of the victims involved, this is purely in relation to the incident itself. The story is vague and doesn't detail what model or variant the Rio was, so i'm going to have to go out on a limb here. Either:

1) It was a clapped out old Rio with so little compression left it wouldn't turn over, or battery had gone flat from sitting there with the radio on

2) It was an auto Rio of any generation, and they didn't notice it was in drive or a non-starting gear selection

3) It was a Rio SLS which is the only model here with push-button start, and he just couldn't figure out that you either need to depress the clutch or push the brake pedal, depending on the transmission type.

Odd story though.

Sydney couple carjacked at gunpoint

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Could be an SLS, with the key not in the car the idiot wouldnt be able to start it. If he did have the key he may have given up trying to start it or couldnt drive manual.

If it was any manual Rio though the owners could have left it in gear while parked to stop rolling happening. Soon as idiot gets in and tries to take off the car stalls straight away.

The description though, that describes just about half the male population in Sydney... No chance of getting the idiot

·
Registered
Merc 280SE 1972; Kia Rio S 2012 1.4 petrol; Triumph Tiger Cub 1958
8 Posts
If you've never driven a car with brake/clutch inter-lock, it can fool you for a while.
I would never have believed it if I hadn't experienced it in my own car ... just seems crazy to someone who is used to clutch starting cars!:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts