Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink: I have a 2002 Kia Rio. The heater core started leaking anitfreeze last week. I spent 8 hours on Saturday trying to figure out how to remove the heater core. I have removed nearly everything off the front dashboard and can see where the heater core is housed. Unfortunately, I have been unable to figure out how to remove the housing so that the heater core can be changed. I have a replacement heater core. I also disconntected the heater hoses to the leaking heater core (engine compartment). I then simply looped the heater hose supply and return lines so that I can at least drive the vehicle. Since it is winter and I live in a northern midwestern state, driving a cold car with oily radiator fluid on the inside windows is not very pleasing.

Any advice on how I can remove the heater core housing from under the dashboard would be appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have you figured it out yet? I have never attempted this however I would say that you might need to remove the dash. This is a long lengthy process the first time LOL so hopefully you got it figured out. If need be I can go take a look at my wifes Rio and see if I can figure it out. I really wish KSIS was still free LOL. It would tell ya exactly how to get it. I will also look on hyundai's site to see if that is any help.

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
:blink: hi, I have a 2001 rio that i purchased last week..
After fixiing the ignition problem I have come to the same
conclusion that oily windows, smell of radiator fluid, low
fluid level means that I too need a heater core..
How do i get it out and how much do they cost????
Thanks...Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.