Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I've been using CDs and Bluetooth for my phone when I wanted to listen to music.
But I'm kind of sad for my good old Ipod Nano. It's a 2nd generation one which has always been working great.
Sadly, when I connect it to the car and I chose aux, nothing happen. Only the silence.
I do have an adapater which my nice car-seller gave me, so that's not the problem (I know ipod doens't work with standard apple usb cable).
I figured the ipod has come too old to work but it still connects itself (with the usb cable this time) and works wonder with a very old stereo thingy I have at home (I bought it like 6 years ago in a backyard sale so yeah that's nothing new). The ipod (and its original cable) still works with the auto radio I had in my old car (which my mom owns now). I really doubt that the brand-new kia stereo stuff can't do what a very old stereo hifi can do!

So... Any idea on how I can make it work? I've been looking around but didn't find anythign helpful yet...

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
ipod nano uses the 30 pin usb cable right?
if your rio has a uvo radio with a usb hookup down below all you should need do is plug it in to usb and the system should recognize it .
i do the same with my iphone ,just use the 30pin ,plug it in to the usb and it starts loading up the playlist .
need to know more about your rio and the system in it

ps- choosing aux actives the 1/8th stereo input jack .if you have this input just get a 1/8th to 1/8th stereo plug (male to male)and plug right in thru your nano headphone jack to the aux input . this would require you to use the nano controls to load and play the music you wanna hear .

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
Kia makes an I pod cable $30.00 from any Kia dealership. It uses the USB and mini jack. The radio will control the I pod and charge it as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts