Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, ive recently bought a damaged 2018 Kia Rio and I finally got the OEM led headlights...but without wiring. It's the left headlight. I couldn't find any schemes or at least pictures showing how the cables should go. Its the 10 pin connector. I would very appreciate if someone would help me
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,898 Posts
Last year I rebuilt a 2014 KIA Optima that was totaled by an insurance company... One of the headlights (driver's side) had an adapter cable between the wiring harness and the headlight that was damaged... This Optima was built in Korea but used USA headlights... The parts guy at my local KIA dealership couldn't identify this adapter but he put in a search with KIA Corporate and they did find it... It cost around $80 for this part... So sometimes contacting KIA might help... You can also use "car-part.com" to locate a salvage donor car with LED headlights at a local salvage yard for the parts you need... That 10 pin connectors may have the same wiring color codes and splicing onto your car's harness may get you the correct wiring... At least it's not a 2016 Chrysler 200s... everything on this car is "married" to the the car's VIN# and modifications are a nightmare... They have a module called a TIPM that can not be reprogrammed and you have to waste 10 amps of current into two 6ohm 100 watt resistors and generate lots of wasted heat so you can use LED headlights... :)
Dave

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,594 Posts
Hello, ive recently bought a damaged 2018 Kia Rio and I finally got the OEM led headlights...but without wiring. It's the left headlight. I couldn't find any schemes or at least pictures showing how the cables should go. Its the 10 pin connector. I would very appreciate if someone would help me
Thanks in advance!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/account-details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts