Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
KIA RIO 1.4 2 ISG 5DR, 2015
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my first post and I can’t find anything online for either problem.
If there are other threads already I apologise in advance.
My girlfriends 2015 Kia Rio 1.4 Diesel is making two strange noises.
1) When she accelerates in any gear there is a rattling noise from the engine bay. The noise usually appears between 1800-2500 revs. The car isn’t losing power or anything and the engine mounts seem to be fine. Any ideas?
2) There is a knocking coming from the left front wheel when going over bumps. The car was in for a service recently with Kia and they reportedly tightened a loose but/bolt somewhere on the steering but for the life of me I can’t find it.
Any help on either of these is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Kind regards
Thomas

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
136 Posts
1. Maybe a loose heat shield?
2. As far as suspension noises they can be very hard to find. Especially for the home mechanic without a lift. Sometimes they need to get substatially worse before you can find it. Take it to another shop, perferedly a suspension shop. Maybe they can find a problem.

·
Registered
KIA RIO 1.4 2 ISG 5DR, 2015
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Maybe a loose heat shield?
2. As far as suspension noises they can be very hard to find. Especially for the home mechanic without a lift. Sometimes they need to get substatially worse before you can find it. Take it to another shop, perferedly a suspension shop. Maybe they can find a problem.
Hi,
Thanks very much for the reply.
I couldn’t find any loose heat shields or similar. I actually think that both noises are related at this stage. I had the car up on axle stands this afternoon and when moving the steering from side to side there is a noise from the left front suspension like a rubbery grinding noise. I Was thinking that I might swap the bump stops on the front.
What do you think?

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2013 auto
145 Posts
Hi,
I couldn’t find any loose heat shields or similar. I actually think that both noises are related at this stage. I had the car up on axle stands this afternoon and when moving the steering from side to side there is a noise from the left front suspension like a rubbery grinding noise. I Was thinking that I might swap the bump stops on the front.
What do you think?
The rattling, dose it happen in neutral?
2: check sway bay link nuts, top an bottom. Must use jack to articulate the suspension to get tight.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
136 Posts
Hi,
What do you think?
I am not a fan of just changing parts out on a car until the problem is found. So, at least for me, I would not change them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts