1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio SX Hatch
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying... I LOVE my Rio.
Works amazing, and is such a cool car.
I highly recommend that anyone considering a new car at least take one out for a spin and see how awesome it is.
Couldn't be happier with my purchase, Kia is the BEST!

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Lordhelmet..I agree with you! Great build quality,Mileage ( 44 actual <Not the computer> Imperial MPG @a steady 110 KPH) & So many great features. Owned for 3 1/2 months & 5200 kms & no complaints other than the passengers seat is too low.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
I'm with you folks, I love my Rio!!!!

Head turning looks, loaded with extras, great gas mileage....

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX UVO
51 Posts
Luv mine too!!!! Hit 3,000 miles this week. Has lots of power for a smaller car, and tons of room for a 6' tall driver!

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX w Conv Pkg, Chestnut .......... 1997 Ford F-150
54 Posts
3200 miles on my 2012 EX UVO and I am loving it also. It has more driver room and comfort than any other car out there with 30+ MPG. I'm six ft four and am totally comfortable in it.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
Ive had mine for around 3months, its done well over 16,000km and nothing wrong with it. Only thing I didnt like with it were the stock 17" wheels; hated them. Soon had that fixed 5days later :lol:

Little Kia is best with traction control turned off. It changes abit with that turned off, launches better with it off and its steering gets a bit more feel in it. Since taking that step and switching it off I rarely have it on. Its like riding a bike without the trainer wheels

Turning traction control off is not for everyone though.

So much potential with the little Kia. It can do whatever you want it to do.

·
Registered
2012 Rio SX Hatch
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6300KM on mine now, great little car - very pokey and comfortable, and other than a noisy dash on bad country roads, it's relatively flawless.
There was a TSB for that. Dealer will fix it under warranty. They have to take the whole dash apart and put some rubber spacers between mountings between frame and dash or something like that...

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
There was a TSB for that. Dealer will fix it under warranty. They have to take the whole dash apart and put some rubber spacers between mountings between frame and dash or something like that...
yeah i heard that, but i thought the issue was production-rectified from late last year?

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
yeah i heard that, but i thought the issue was production-rectified from late last year?
TSB #086 from start of production to November 11, 2011

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I had some issues with overheating, actually two incidents within two weeks and for that the trust suffered a bit. I hope this got fixed.
Other than that I really love the little car, I like the style, I like the driving, the fuel consumption is ok and I hope that I will drive it for many years to come... without any issues.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
6300KM on mine now, great little car - very pokey and comfortable, and other than a noisy dash on bad country roads, it's relatively flawless.
I also have a noise in the dash I can only hear on the rough country roads. Not very bad though.
My SLS is also March 12 build. Maybe any future problems (if any) that arise might be the same for us both :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
I have February build but no dash rattles.

Then again I pay no attention to rattles as I always have coins and my phone sitting in the cup holder so if when I get any noises it is mostly from that.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
I have February build but no dash rattles.

Then again I pay no attention to rattles as I always have coins and my phone sitting in the cup holder so if when I get any noises it is mostly from that.
you'd notice it if you had it, even over coins i reckon

I also have a noise in the dash I can only hear on the rough country roads. Not very bad though.
My SLS is also March 12 build. Maybe any future problems (if any) that arise might be the same for us both :)
ha, there you go. It's not 'terrible' but it's certainly enough to annoy me and take a little of the refined sheen off the drive.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Although mine is a 2013, I've only had it for less than 3 months... and it's pretty darn awesome. Like most here are saying, it drives great, is good on gas and has been totally reliable so far. Plus, my SX has all the toys, and it actually looks cool (something I thought I'd never catch myself saying about a subcompact car... lol).

Considering the price of this car, it feels like a steal :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts