Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2012
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kia Rio 2012 and only the front door doesn't lock or unlock with the button on the door and from the remote, only lock and unlock manually.
The first phase of this problem was that the door was sometimes lock and unlock if i press more times on the button, but now it doesn't work anymore.
And if i start driving the car the central door lock is making locking and unlocking sound for about 4 times and it stops.
Now i searched on the forum and it was something with the actuator with the part no: 812301W010.
My question is can i replace the actuator with another one because i know someone who crashed his Kia Rio 2017, and his actuator part is no: 81310H8040.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
474 Posts
I can't answer your question on the actuator.

But this happened to me recently, My driver's door black rubber button stopped working one day about 4 months ago. All the other doors are fine as are my two remotes. Oh well, as I use that door multiple times a day I figured it had to fail sometime, right ?

3-4 days ago, I go to open my car and push the button out of habit, and voila, it works just fine now. Like nothing was ever wrong at all.

The only thing I can equate it to is extreme cold weather and water penetration. It's winter here now, and it has been -30 to -40 for a few weeks, as well as below zero since December. Suddenly it thawed dramatically this last week, and the temps are around 10 degrees celcius.

Odd that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts