Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2012 3G
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was driving over 15 km/h and I accidentally pressed the lock/unlock button that is located between my steering wheel and fan functions. That burned a 20A fuse and I got it replaced but I can't lock the doors any more.

I can unlock them with my key or pressing the unlock on my key but I can't lock them.

When I have a door open and I press lock they sound like they are unlocking (I guess this happens when you try to lock them with a door open).

When I press to lock I can hear the fuse functioning (a sound like 'click') but nothing happens.
Before that I've never had a problem.

The model is Kia Rio 2012.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
160 Posts
This is information I have for my 2014 Rio. I am assuming your vehicle is the same.

I would check relay seven in the fuse box. I think it is the fuse box that is inside the car lower left of the steering wheel. If there are other relays that are the same in that fuse box I would swap the suspected bad one with a good one.

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2012 3G
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your answer but where is that 'rear ' located because I haven't the faintest.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
160 Posts
I checked in my own car and the rear is literally the back side of the fuse box. It will require a bit of work to access the relay. Several connectors may need to be removed and the back cover will have to be removed. The relay will have to be bench tested. I think too much will have to be removed to allow simply changing the relay out with one that is working and testing it in the car.

Here is a picture of the back side of the fuse box...

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio SX
3 Posts
Danelo, I opened up that "rear" of the fuse box and it appears all the relays are soldered onto the PC board and it appears there is no real way to get that PC board separated from the front plastic housing of the Fuse box (side with all the fuses). Or maybe you have a trick or have done it? I am pretty sure that relay 7 has gone bade in my fuse panel box as I cannot open or close my doors via the remote or button on the door on my 2013 KIA RIO SX. Any help or insight appreciated. Keep well!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
160 Posts
Danelo, I opened up that "rear" of the fuse box and it appears all the relays are soldered onto the PC board and it appears there is no real way to get that PC board separated from the front plastic housing of the Fuse box (side with all the fuses). Or maybe you have a trick or have done it? I am pretty sure that relay 7 has gone bade in my fuse panel box as I cannot open or close my doors via the remote or button on the door on my 2013 KIA RIO SX. Any help or insight appreciated. Keep well!
Unfortunately I cannot be of any additional help. I have not had to actually do any work on that fuse block. Hopefully someone else can jump in with a solution. Very unfortunate that the relays are not removable. There have been several people here in the last few monts with this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts