Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio5 2010
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
This morning i went to the dealer because yesterday my car almost stalled on me and the check engine light came up when i got home i checked the code and it gave me P0303 cylinder 3 misfire so this morning the dealer check it and he just called and said there is water in all spark plugs??? this happened to me in 2011 they had to change the spark plugs at 38000 km because two of them were corroded because of water infiltration.Now its doing it again at 69000km this is not normal and the dealer check everything and they can't find any holes were the water would infiltrate so they ask me if i washed my motor recently but i never washed it.
What could be the problem??? its not normal that i have water in the coils every 30000km! thanks for your help

·
Registered
Kia Rio5 2010
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody ever had this problem??? just cost me 150$ to change the spark plugs,take the water out and clean the coils :mad:

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I've only ever heard of oil in that area due to a bad gasket. If there was some water in there I'd imagine that it would quickly evaporate due to the engine temperature. Is there a fine spray of coolant from some component? Check for coolant loss from the radiator.

·
Registered
Kia Rio5 2010
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only ever heard of oil in that area due to a bad gasket. If there was some water in there I'd imagine that it would quickly evaporate due to the engine temperature. Is there a fine spray of coolant from some component? Check for coolant loss from the radiator.
The dealer checked everything and besides the water and the spark plugs being corroded all the rest is fine,no crack or other problems.The don't know how the water go in there???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nobody ever had this problem??? just cost me 150$ to change the spark plugs,take the water out and clean the coils :mad:
A few times on some other cars after washing the engine with a pressure washer. Is your engine cover still in place? Did you run into any deep water puddles? Warranty didn't cover it?

·
Registered
rio, rio5
32 Posts
What about putting dialetric greese around the coil where it seals to the cylinder cap? If water is coming from outside that should stop it.
Did they pressure test the coolant system?

Otherwise, night vision security cam to find out which neighbor doesn't like foreign cars..... You didn't waste money on that run your car on water did you?

·
Registered
Kia Rio5 2010
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just came back from the dealer with again a problem with misfire problems.This time there was no water in the spark plugs but i got a code P0303 for the third time:mad: so they changed yet again a coil pack.Why are my coil packs defective like that??? it doesnt make sense

1 - 7 of 7 Posts