Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i have a problem with instrument cluster of rio 2006
during drive or park the hand break lamp flash and then all the gauge go to down and then return pack to normal position & also the screen is flashing this is repeated rapidly when the A/C is on
i also note that when you pull the hand break & hand break light is on then the instrument is return to normal condition without any problem
please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have this same problem on a 2006 kia rio. it seems to only be doing it while the lights are on. i was thinking alternator but i disconnected battery cable and car still runs. my sister brought it to me cos it was misfiring really bad and C.E.L was flashing. the only code i got was p300 random multiple misfires and p301. tho it seems more like some kind of electrical problems. just wondering if anyone else has had or heard of this kinda thing before?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Jason...
The coil packs (spark plug coils) are a VERY common failure item..Also the primary wiring connectors have a tendency to crack and crumble causing intermittent misfiring..
What id the mileage on the car?
When was the last time the spark plugs were replaced? 60k is just about their limit.

The lights flashing and the dash going out "may" be caused by a bad ground return wire from the dash display to the body of the car (probably at the firewall or floorboards)..
The dash is trying to find a ground through the ebrake light and switch..
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Dave...

I also suspect the coil packs. i guess i should explain the dash a little better. the misfiring and dash gauges are linked meaning the car is only misfiring when the gauges drop out.....its kinda like what the dashboard does when you shut the car off.........kinda like the car loses power all at once for a split second....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.