Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Rio in August and the ISG has already stopped working. Actually it probably stopped working in Dec. or Jan. since it took me a little while to notice since I'm still not used to the feature! We do not have a Kia dealership super close to us anymore, but I plan to take it in soon while it's still under warranty. Anyone else experience similar issues? I'm actually very happy with the car so far, but disappointed that this feature has already malfunctioned. I'm just hoping there is not a bigger issue at play here and that the ISG can be easily repaired. I do admit that I was skeptical about the longevity of the ISG when I bought the car since it's so unusual to hear your car turning off/on all the time. I certainly didn't expect it to malfunction so soon, though! :(

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
220 Posts
ISG do not work below a certain temerature over here itwil not work below 5 degees celcius
do not know howe the temp is over there ???
some time the battery just need extra charcing becous there is ownly driven smal parts whit it so when the batery becoms below 80% charging it wil not work

hope you can use the answer

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,780 Posts
You sure you have it turned on?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
You sure you have it turned on?
ISG should come on by default. You have to shut it off each drive cycle to turn it off.

There should be a long laundry list, in the owners manual, of things that make the ISG NOT function. Find it and start going thru it. Interestingly, you now have what some of us long for...and ISG that stays off. So enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I can't say I miss the ISG. :) I'm just concerned that it stopped working after only a few months. I guess I'll take it in and see what the diagnosis is...was just curious if anyone else had experienced similar hiccups with this system.

And yes, it's definitely on. :)

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,413 Posts
There are many things that can disable ISG operation.

Here is a list from service information of items that will restrict operation.

3. Restriction conditions for Auto-Stop operation

※ To protect system and safety auto-stop system is restricted below the conditions
Large steering angle when car is stop
Low brake operating pressure
Turn on the air conditioner with max blower
When battery Condition is poor (low state of charge, below 78%)
Active defroster of front or rear glass
Unfasten driver’s seat belt or open the door and hood
On a steep slope
With ISG system errors, and other diagnosis

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hopefully you can see on the pic (click on the thumbnail) - auto stop counter on the main display and outside temp 1C on the center display consul. I had it working flawlessly for a couple of days at -2C after dealer recharged the battery as a solution to de activating ISG...This is on a Kia Ceed late 2012, don't think the ISG system is any different.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts