Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of changing a new car. Anyone know how big the Rio 1.5A petrol tank size?? Is the petrol consumption good?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, just joined this forum today.
If you don mind me asking, have you got your new car?
If you have not and you still considering the Rio, pls consider the manual version instead.

I just got my Rio 1.5 Auto 2weeks ago and I have to say it accelerates like a tortoise, as for power...err, can be alot better. Even found a list of problems, it's now in the Service Centre after just 1 week plus of driving! Imagine what the CNY was like for me.

The Rio owner's booklet states the tank size as 46litres, but so far after pumping full tank twice, max is about 38litres.

As for the consumption, first tank clocked 355km before needing to pump. Second tank clocked only 293.7km!!! I was shock! the sales guy told me auto will be around 11km per litre, but so far have yet to proof what he said to me was true.

I think the manual will clock about 400km at most.

Hope to hear from you.
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dom,

I saw your reply. Well i expected. My close friend, a dealer has ever mentioned that more fuel consumption is expected for new cars in the first few months as it is the "run-in" period.

What model do you drive, Rio 1.5l Hatchback or Sedan?

So until now, does your fuel consumption still falls below 10l per kilo? Yr advice is appreciated. :)

Thank you.

Moon

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys...
I too have bought a rio 1.5 manual... I must say its ok..
the pick up speed is faster although it might lose out to some cars..(ie: most cars) , its quite ok in terms of smoothness...
fuel consumption wise quite jialat...but as long you dont "chua" the car,,,shoiuld be ok
just went to JB for side skirting, lip and back bumper ..cost me RM 550 ... but its not bad... went ot install this "cyclone" thingy in my air filter to save on fuel consumption...gonna mod me engine soon...so can keep up with some tiong cars...
anyways.. hoping to meet up with some of you guys ... btw..my cars a OPC so after 7 yar...kekekkek

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone.

I also face the same problem. 1liter less than 10 km.
Anyone can help to reduce the fuel consumption????
BROQUET can help ???
Anyway my Kia Rio is Black colour hope to meet up u guys and share our experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by RickDom@Feb 20 2005, 06:42 AM

The Rio owner's booklet states the tank size as 46litres, but so far after pumping full tank twice, max is about 38litres.
That's a good one. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a Rio 1,5 16V Hatchback and also was shocked by the abnormal fuel consumption.
The last full tank (a/c always turned on) clocked only 301 km.
The brochures reported 11 km/L (city)
I am based in Florence (Italy - Europe).
Should we join a worldwide class action for the fuel consuption ?

Cheers
Riccardo :(

Originally posted by Alanong@Jun 3 2005, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone.

I also face the same problem. 1liter less than 10 km.
Anyone can help to reduce the fuel consumption????
BROQUET can help ???
Anyway my Kia Rio is Black colour hope to meet up u guys and share our experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What they put in ur book is an average with a certain type of fuel, weather, road condition etc. U will get any kind of car , brand, etc and what they will put is never the reality because one person will drive in a way while another will drive the car on another way and just this will create a big difference with the stats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts