Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all Kia owners out there.....just got my Rio (Sedan) 2weeks ago and I've just joined this forum today.

Any Rio owners out there?
Like to know if there's any problems encountered?
Mine is a Grey 1.5 Auto, really should have taken the 1.5 Manual instead.

Cheers.
RickDom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by RickDom@Feb 20 2005, 03:45 AM
Greetings to all Kia owners out there.....just got my Rio (Sedan) 2weeks ago and I've just joined this forum today.

Any Rio owners out there?
Like to know if there's any problems encountered?
Mine is a Grey 1.5 Auto, really should have taken the 1.5 Manual instead.

Cheers.
RickDom
Trust me, the manual transmission wouldn't help you with power. At the low and mid rpm's the car is quite sluggish. At times it is hard for me to believe that this is a 16 valve engine. Unfortunately, most car magazines didn't have very many specs when I bought mine, and they still don't have crash test info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello RickDom,

We bought our 2005 Rio Hatch (Pewter grey mica), auto 2 weeks ago. Auto trans, butter smooth and I think plenty of power, in fact a heap more than the '90 Camry 2litre we traded. Maybe things are different wherever you are. Our car is Australian specs but probably the same worldwide. Rio's have a very good reputation here and seem to go, and go, and just, umm, keep on going. Check with me in a years time and some km's on the clock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry to inform you that not all Rio's are good cars. I have a 2002, which currently has 45000 miles. At 10000 miles, my auto trans needed to be replaced. I am currently dealing with what I consider to be a serious driveability problem, which I've had for almost a year, and the dealer techs are clueless as to what it is. I certainly hope you have much better luck with yours, but be prepared for such problems in a couple of years, and if you have none, congradulations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.