Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
KIA RIO 1.4 4Dr 2013
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears

Does anyone got his doors auto lock on speed 15KM ???, i found this feature enabled on my car but not working? any ideas ??

Another question: anyone knows which fuse is responsible for the Auto lane changer?
mine wasn't working and when i went to the service they told me it's a blown fuse, i want to know which one???

Thankssssss.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
would be helpful if we knew where you were located as vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 1.4 - 6 Speed Manual
107 Posts
Hi all,

I came across this post while Googling.

I have a 2013 Kia Rio 1.4 EX. I was also told that the Rio has an auto door lock feature after speeds reach 15 or 20 km/h. It does not seems to do that though. I will unlock my car with the remote, get in, start up, put my seat belt on and then drive off.

Does one need to put their seat belt on before starting the car? I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Rio 13 , Sportage 11
16 Posts
same problem here, i'm from Guatemala and it seems like you need to take the car to kia service center and they can enable this feature

·
Registered
kia rio sedan
102 Posts
i got the 1.4 too sedan, but mine auto lock since i turn the car on

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did a test today. I unlocked the car once with the remote, put something in the boot, then climbed in, put my seatbelt on, started the car up and drove off. It did not auto lock at any speeds.

A bit disappointing as I was told by the salesperson it does have the feature.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A slight thread revival but does anyone know if it is possible to enable auto-locking on the EX? I asked the dealer and was told the EX doesn't have the feature but the TEC does.

Surely everything is in place but perhaps it is just not enabled? Instead of me pushing a button to lock all the doors, the computer does it after the speedo reaches 20km/h.

Maybe if I ask nicely when I take it in for its service they will enable it.

·
Registered
2012 Kia rio Hatch
1 Posts
Did a test today. I unlocked the car once with the remote, put something in the boot, then climbed in, put my seatbelt on, started the car up and drove off. It did not auto lock at any speeds.

A bit disappointing as I was told by the salesperson it does have the feature.
Hi

not 100% sure , i am going to find out , i think there is module you need to buy , it plugs under the steering box , that will enable the feature
i am in in South Africa KZN

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2020 Ford Escape SEL, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,171 Posts
PseudZ's post was 7 years ago........

Reactions: ron1004
1 - 12 of 12 Posts