Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul 2U AT silver
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about Kia automobile recalls?
I heard a little comment on BNN this morning about a possible recall on some Kia and Hyundai models.
No other details were given.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers. GotSoul

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul 2U AT silver
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response.
Happy to know that my Soul is not affected by the recall.
Unfortunately, I feel sorry for the other more than 1.8 million Hyundai and Kia vehicles in U.S. affected by the recall.

The affected Kia models include 2011 Optima cars, 2007-2010 Rondo crossovers, 2007 Sedona minivans, 2007-2011 Sorento crossovers, 2010-2011 Soul cars and 2007-2010 Sportage SUVs.

Cheers. GotSoul

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
some detail info:

The brake lamp problem is compounded because it sends incorrect signals to the cars' electronic brains.

Various vehicle systems rely on signals from the brake lamp to detect when the brakes are, or are not, being applied. Bad signals can cause the gear selector to become stuck in "park." They can also sporadically render the push-button engine start feature useless and create intermittent interference with the cars' cruise control systems.

Through regular monitoring of field data, KMA has determined that the stop lamp switch may receive excessive electrical loads resulting in carbonization of the point of contact for the switch.

There haven't been any crashes or injuries due to the problem. Both pointed out that the malfunctions don't occur all the time, and they don't affect performance of the brakes.

Kia Canada said just over 106,000 of its vehicles are involved in the recall.

Hyundai and KIA will not begin sending notifications to vehicles owners until June. By then the automakers should have enough new brake light switches available at dealerships to fix the problems.

Kia will notify owners and dealers will replace the switches free of charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts