Kia Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2.4 Multi Port Injection Kia motor

Thank you for the clarification Kiaguy For some reason I thought Doug had the 2.4 motor. I got a huge bang for my dollar when I purchased the 2011 Sportage The car including the motor has basically been bullet proof. I am going to drive it until it dies then I am going to revive it! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got 2 recall letters the second said I should call Kia. I did, she said mine has 2 recalls on it the letter I got was for oil pan. I am having NO trouble with that. I made an appointment but I am going to cancel it. I have this thought racing around my head that when they get through with it I will have problems also the mechanic couldn't even put back together my key fob that needed the key replaced so I have no hopes he will do the recall job right. He ruined my fob if I ever need to replace the metal flip part again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 3.3 V6 also has GDI.
Have any problems been reported with this engine?
I have a 2013 Sorento with the 3.3 V6. Last year, my oil light started flashing. I checked the oil, and it was a quart low. I drove it home. The next morning, there was a pool of oil on the garage floor. It looked like oil was leaking over the transmission. I checked online, and a number of others had this issue. Kia service people would say it was the rear seal, and replace that, but in fact the oil was found to be leaking from a oil pressure switch under the intake manifold. Oil would run to the drivers side of the engine, giving service techs a reason to either suspect a rear seal leaking, or purposely charging customers for that service, while leaving the real oil leak unrepaired. I have been doing some investigating lately, since I also have a Kia Optima with a defective engine, that just fell apart, and needs a new engine. Sorento's seem to have a few cases of engines failing, and the cause is a lack of oil....could this switch be the culprit that caused other's to lose oil, and then Kia service techs will blame the customer for failing to service their engines?? I paid $600 to replace this $12 switch, and am keeping an eye out to see if there is ever a recall for this, so I can hopefully submit a claim for it. I liked both my Kias, but now....I don't trust them at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, I'm looking at buying a used 2016 Sorento SX 2.0t with 87,000km's on it. This is in Canada.

Should I stay away from this engine? Should this vehicle have an extended warranty or is that only in the USA?

201 - 206 of 206 Posts