Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia K900 V8 Luxury VIP
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently purchased a 2015 Kia K900. I'm interested in getting a Kia Protection Plan, but I am here with a few questions:

1) The website: Extended Protection Plans - CPO | Kia Certified Pre-Owned says it's available for "Eligible used vehicles..." but doesn't describe what that means. Is it only available for CPO Kia vehicles? Mine still has 7 months of factory warranty. It's a 2015 with just under 40k miles.

2) Where are the best deals? I know on the Honda CR-V boards there were a few dealers known for offering the best prices for the Honda Care plans, and you could just call them directly to buy coverage.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
894 Posts
Did you buy her at a Kia dealership or a 'B' lot?
I would stick with only Kia plans!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you buy her at a Kia dealership or a 'B' lot?
I would stick with only Kia plans!
I bought it at an Audi dealer. The plan that the Audi dealer offered was a 6 year 72k $100 deductible through Fidelity and it was the Platinum Protection Plan for just under $3k. I went to the local Kia dealer to ask what they could offer and they couldn't match that and didn't even offer a Kia extended warranty, it would have also been 3rd party. That's the reason for my question about does Kia only offer their extended plan to CPO vehicles? And also since it seems my local dealer is not offering that plan, where can I call to get a Kia plan?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I found the Kia Protection Plan brochure it looked and sounded exactly like what the dealer offered me through Fidelity. As it turns out, the parent company is JM&A and also is partnered with Kia on their official warranties. So I'm going to stick with what the dealer offered me and not fret over getting a "Kia" branded version of the same extended service contract.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
189 Posts
I've always received direct mail from the manufacturer just before the warranty ran out. If you recently bought it i recommend you take it to a local KIA dealer for an oil change and provide your full contact info. This will allow corporate to switch the "owner of record" and you should receive an extended warranty offer by mail. If you don't, i would reach out to corporate and ask them to give you a quote prior to your factory warranty running out. Most warranties that go beyond 100K miles will only be offered to you if your car still had warranty at time of inception.

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts