Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2014 Kia Rondo (in Canada). The price to add a Kia Protect Mechanical Breakdown Protection is about $1600CAD (when purchased in combination with rust proofing package), and is good for an additional 2 years (or 40,000 Kilometres) past the base 5 year / 100,000 K warranty. I am having trouble deciding to keep the extended warranty or not. It does have a feature to get back $1000 if it is never used, but I could also buy the warranty later down the road. Any advise?

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
:eek: Dang that's expensive!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, expensive extended warranties, especially with vehicle quality the way it is today, are completely useless and just a way for the dealership to make money by scaring you into spending the extra $$. First thing to check, are you SURE it is actually Kia who is behind the warranty? A lot of dealers will offer them as a manufacturer warranty, when it's in fact from the dealership, which means you are screwed if you have to go anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
you get the 10 years as well? first make sure what is covered as you might find that it is same as the powertrain 10 year (I am not sure if Canada is same as USA)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts