Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michelin Premacy 'green' fitted at new (April 2008). They lasted 28000 miles rotating them to the 1.6mm legal limit. I achieved a guaranteed ( nerd , I book every fuel fill-up etc not just relying on the computer readouts) 48.8 mpg on mixed driving. I fitted 4 x Barum Bravuris 2 and am just about to replace the 2 front ones after another 13000 miles (the rear ones are only half worn down). No 'rotating' done this time. I achieved 49.5 mpg over this period. No noticeable difference in noise or performance in dry or wet and at half the price of the Michelins ( not risking a puncture on expensive tyres !). Anyone got any views ?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Apparently Barum tyres have a connection with Continental, so they should be a reasonable proposition. 13,000 miles on the front isn't bad and NOT rotating is what I also do for a car that wears the fronts significantly faster than the rear. If you plan to put the 2 new ones on the front, be prepared for "Tyre Nannies" to advise against doing that, but I think that it's perfectly OK.

I usually let the tyres wear down to 2.0 mm (i.e. not quite down to the 1.6 mm TWIs); about 15,000 miles on the front of the Cerato with original Nexens.

Had good wear from Michelin Green XM1+ on our other car. I'm expecting about 40,000 miles from a set of four. I found the fuel consumption significantly better than the original Bridgestones (2 or 3 MPG). That justifies Michelin's claims that they will pay for themselves.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Apparently Barum tyres have a connection with Continental, so they should be a reasonable proposition. 13,000 miles on the front isn't bad and NOT rotating is what I also do for a car that wears the fronts significantly faster than the rear. If you plan to put the 2 new ones on the front, be prepared for "Tyre Nannies" to advise against doing that, but I think that it's perfectly OK.

I usually let the tyres wear down to 2.0 mm (i.e. not quite down to the 1.6 mm TWIs); about 15,000 miles on the front of the Cerato with original Nexens.

Had good wear from Michelin Green XM1+ on our other car. I'm expecting about 40,000 miles from a set of four. I found the fuel consumption significantly better than the original Bridgestones (2 or 3 MPG). That justifies Michelin's claims that they will pay for themselves.
I would have got more than the 13000 miles on the fronts but the inside edges wore out as the tracking must have gone with constantly having to negotiate the road humps ! I usually take more notice but lapsed this time ! I'm getting 2 new Barums this next week .... Tyreshopper ..... excellent service & cost. Working out cheaper for each than last time I got 4 on (18 months ago) with the 10% discount for 4 too ! Pleasantly pleased....and getting free puncture repair with them too !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts