Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've got a recently purchased 2012 Pro CRDi 2 Ecodynamics and I'm having some problems with the stock stereo.

Basically, when I first got the car about a month ago the stereo generally sounds quite good, plenty of bass and loud enough for my needs.

I then read somewhere about holding down the Setup button for 15 seconds and you can adjust the stereo's firmware, including a Loudness option. Now it didn't really make a huge different to the sound so I left it and ignored it. I hear that this setting goes back to default anyway after changing the source or turning off the stereo etc.

However, I've noticed that over the past few days that the stereo sound is very weak, I really have to crank up the volume to make it reasonably loud enough and it still sounds terrible.

When I go back into the Setup firmware option, I can fiddle with the Loudness option and voilá, the sound is back to normal and sounding great. However now this setting doesn't save and defaults back to the crappy sound after changing source/muting etc.

If I have the sound working good again and turn off the ignition, the setting remains good. But this also goes back to default if the car has been locked for a few hours.

How on earth do I get my stereo back to sounding good again?? It's like all the settings have reversed but I can't get them to stay put. Would disconnecting the battery or fuse reset it to proper factory defaults?

Any help is appreciated! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
In suddenly lost the bass on mine once. It was horrible and tinny so I pulled the fuse and all the bass came back. Never had a problem since. It's worth a go. Open the driver's door to access the fusebox. Simples.

Daz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help :)

Pulled the fuse for a minute and put it all back in (after killing myself trying to get the fuse box cover off!!) and it's back to normal again :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts