Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Just an artists' impression at the moment, and I very much doubt it'll look this radical;

Far more likely to share a chassis & body with the next pro_cee'd, but have uprated suspension, bigger wheels & more grunt to play with :)
There's no way a normal human being would be able to sit in (let alone see out of) that cockpit!

The apparent leaked photo's on KoreanBlog look just like the next pro_ to me.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Typical motor industry artist impression that looks little like the final car. You can find numerous historical.examples on-line of such radical cars and see what the "final result" looks like on the road today. Most bland euro-box cars started out with an artist impression like this.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Pro Ceed GT will be identical to the standard Pro bodily with the addition of Turbo engine, bigger wheels etc. No volume manufacturer can afford to make a special and totally impractical body for a limited number of cars, financial suicide.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Pity they are not going to also do a hot-ish Diesel version like VW and Seat do such as the Seat FR and Supercopa models to keep the environmental taxes down in countries that have them while still keeping hot hatch looks and handling.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thanks Damic, at least they're looking to make a proper difference to the external & internal looks, as well as a pokey engine & tighter handling!
Sounds great to me :D

However, will be interesting to see what other model's are available in the new pro_ceed's. Agreed Spencer, would be a shame if they're just the same spec's & engines as the current ceed models, with the GT model getting all the extras in one expensive hit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hardly "stop press" news. What Car had photos of the "real" car back in September.

2013 Kia Proceed unveiled - What Car?

As other have said nothing like the artists impressions and rest assurred the GT model will be visually identical except wheels and spoiler.

Like the previous Pro Ceed its a 5 door with 2 doors missing. Pleasant enough but hardly going to set new standards.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Cheers for the link skidlid, sure seems to go well, looks like it's got the "4Tech" spec and has a reasonable top gear roll on, which is nice.

Sadly they followed Lamborghini's lead when thinking about rear visibility* :eek:

(*or lack thereof - lol)

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Like the previous Pro Ceed its a 5 door with 2 doors missing. Pleasant enough but hardly going to set new standards.
Not sure which "previous" Pro Ceed are you talking about as Cee'd is noticeably different than its Pro cousin. Especially if you refer to MK1 models...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure which "previous" Pro Ceed are you talking about as Cee'd is noticeably different than its Pro cousin. Especially if you refer to MK1 models...
The Mk 1 Ceed and Proceed have the exact same bodies from the "B" pillar forwards as do the later Mk 1's with the "Tiger" nose, the "Tiger" nose did arrive later on the Proceed. Because the front door on the Proceed is longer the "B" pillar is further back. Behind the "B" pillar the Proceed is different, it has to be, its a couple of doors short.

The interiors of the Ceed and Proceed are identical with just a few spec diofferences.

Like I said, the Proceed is just a Ceed with a couple of doors missing.

Its a matter of economics, volume manufacturers keep as many parts standard as possible between as many models as they can.

Ford lost a fortune on the Puma, looked great but every panel was unique as was part of the interior. Have you spotted how they have not repeated the excercise.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hoods are different. Doors are also different. (shape). Headlights...
On top of my head, but I think windshield is angled differently.
I wouldn't comment the rear, they are completely different from behind.

I agree for the interiors.

The cee'd and the pro (MK1 models) were not designed by the same man.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hoods are different. Doors are also different. (shape). Headlights...
On top of my head, but I think windshield is angled differently.
I wouldn't comment the rear, they are completely different from behind.

I agree for the interiors.

The cee'd and the pro (MK1 models) were not designed by the same man.
Taking your points one by one.

Hoods are different. If you mean the bonnet as we call it in the UK they are identical but there are 2 types, pre and post face lift and as I said the facelift came along later on the Proceed.

Doors. As I said the Proceeds doors are longer because its a 3 door.

Headlights. 2 types, pre and post facelift, identical to Ceed.

Windscreen. Same angle.

The rear was possibly designed by a different individual but since they are identical at the front how can you say it was designed by a different person, its the same car with "Pro" inserted into the name.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I don't know about you, but I sure as hell can diferentiate a pro vs a 5 door cee'd when I look at them from straight ahead.

Mk1 models are obviously different. Restyled models (2009 cee'd vs 2012 pro) are more similar, but still have subtle differences.
As I'm pretty convinced we either not talk about the same car or you simply don't see the difference(s), I'll stop discussing this further with you.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I absolutely disagree, Ceed & Pro_ceed are markedly different externally;

ceed;

pro_ceed:

They share the bonnet & front wings. Bumpers, rear section, rear lights, boot, hell even the roof profile is different, and front windscreen is longer & shallower!
I tried to find similar angle photo's of MK1's as both didn't change much externally after that.

Interior wise yes, although the pro' got the facelift interior before the 5 door afaik.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes the back end is different, they are 2 less doors, not difficult to spot but other than the Pro having longer front doors the metal work at the front is identical. The windscreen angle is the same, it just looks different in photo's because of the longer doors.

I think people are getting confused because the Pro hung onto the old front longer, but the old Pro front and old Ceed front were identical as well.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Doors aren't just longer but much higher profile with shorter windows, and the back window is very short (vertical height wise) compared to the 5 door.

I've just had a very quick mess about in Photoshop, and changed the above 5 door into a 3 door to illustrate my point:

To me that looks quite a bit shorter than the pro, more like a small VW polo or similar.

In the distance, one could just hear the sound of a case being rested :lol:

·
Registered
2010 Pro Ceed CRD-i 1.6
84 Posts
Agree with Dubster the 3 door is not just a 5 door with 2 less doors Jeremy Clarkson commented in Top Gear magazine that they were 2 completely different cars and that the 5 door was the better car:eek:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts