Kia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
@ Maverick

not questioning what you wrote and you probably speak from experience, but are you saying that when our temp gauge shows ~90ish and sticks there, that the temperature actually can vary +- 10 degrees or so ?
Would it not move, even by some tiny bit to indicate the temperature change ?

Why does it gradually build up when you start a cold car, but then stick to the 90ish mark ?

Though I do find it really strange that it shows the same working temperature winters/summers/traffic jams/highways.
To repeat what I put in post #85 earlier this week:

"The temp gauge on modern cars is little better than a warning light. If you have an engine problem it will jump from normal to danger in a split second. Its been said above, when was the last time you saw your gauge move when you were sat in traffic. The fan might be running but the gauge still says its normal and fans don't come on until the temp hits about 110 degrees.

Try it with a IR temp sensor or a simple thermocouple if you don't believe it."

Maverick is saying exactly the same thing.

On many forums owners complain about the lack of a temperature gauge, our other car does not have one. Since the modern gauge is designed to work in 3 positions i.e. cold, normal and panic the warning light is just as good.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
are you saying that when our temp gauge shows ~90ish and sticks there, that the temperature actually can vary +- 10 degrees or so
Had a 2.0 petrol Mondeo in the mid 90's. the temp gauge would be on normal after a couple of miles of driving but the heater would be barely warm and the top hose still cold. In traffic the gauge would stick rigidly the normal position even when the fan was on, the Mondeo had a 92 degree stat and 2 stage fan, fist stage was on at 102 degrees and the 2nd on at 110 degrees. In 5 years we never had a problem and never saw the gauge move.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
...its not turbo...but...
yesterday we put Eibach springs on...and i think it is a big improvement on car stability and no loss on comfort...
in fact...it seems that the car is handling even better bumps on the road...

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
You're still waiting on the turbo? Wow that's taking ages to arrive :(
Glad you've got the handling sorted first though, you'll need it when she's that much quicker :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
No matter, the car now handles much better, and is already more powerful with the engine mods you've had done.
Will be even more fun when the turbo's fitted and the engine tuned to suit!

I guess you look like this when driving :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
turbo aside...
i am thinking of installing a Clarion NX501E unit...have a very (very) good offer for new unit but without warranty...

Anyone had any experience with that unit maybe?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Looks like an excellent unit, Clarion usually are decent any way.
Can't find any reviews in English, but the one Dutch site I found gave it 4.5 outta 5 stars!

Sounds like it'll fit nicely in your uprated car mate :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
anway...
havent wrote anything lately...so...here are some news...

Clarion unit installed, have ordered additional camera and steering controls and few other things...waiting on it to arrive and i will post some pics on how it looks...

turbo will be here at saturday and i am hoping it will be installed in next two weeks...
also will be doing some headlights dyeing,changing shock rubbers (front and rear), fixating rear shelf and some other things...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Great news Jajceko, so glad the turbo has finally turned up, let's hope it works far better than the last 2 !!
How's the new stereo now you've had it installed a while?

Seven7 - I also wish I was in his financial state :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
i am very pleased with the Clarion unit. a lot of nice options and it works really good.
will have more info when i add all those cables and addons i have for it :)

and just to be clear ...i love my car and i am not looking to change it...
maybe i am foolish to invest in it...but it is my business ...
i am just typing here to share some info for others who might walk my steps after me...

so far it looks like everything will be done by the end of next week...
hope my bad turbine curse has ended :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
So do I mate, and there's nothing wrong with tuning or spending cash on your car.

You love it, it's your cash, and it'll be really sweet once you've finished upgrading (if you ever stop that is :D)

Bottom line is, on Astra, Focus, Golf forums there's loads of guys throwing £££££ at their beloved car to make it unique or quicker, but seems there's few really modified pro_ceeds out there. Shame as I think they're better looking & less common than all of the above !!

All I know is I'd love to drive your turbo nutter beast when it's done :)

101 - 120 of 198 Posts