Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
I wish jajceko good luck and eagerly wait for results!

I'm sure everything will go fine, it's not rocket science after all. If they go moderate with the power increase, I don't think he will face any serious problems.

some shortened life of the engine, transmission, brakes... is expected, but that's already accounted for.

good luck!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
thanks for good wishes! :)

work isnt done yet, but here are some pics that i got...dont ask me too many questions about details

before upgrade:

after:

intercooler (a bit overkill):

in the next two days everything should be done...so...lets cross our fingers

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Loving that turbo manifold rig, that intercooler looks great, and it looks like you're engine bay won't really look much different, apart from a big glowing red mass at the back :D

They're doing a fab job of the install, I'm sure you'll have great fun with the new feeling engine mate, though you might want some super sticky tyres up front to help put that power down!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is the intercooler covering part of the radiator. Considering that the uprated engine will produce more waste heat is this really a good idea. Many companies fit bigger radiators as part of a turbo upgrade, to reduce the cooling area is not a good idea.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That IC inlet side seems a bit too "agressive".
Air flow doesn't like 90º turns.

You should consider a twinpass IC:

Like the Ibiza Cupra has. This will improve air flow.

BTW, what turbo did you install?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
to seven7: yes, IC is cowering part of the radiator but it has a lot of room in between the lines of IC for air to go throu. Guys assured me that it wont be any problem, but we will see what will happen :)

to FrEaKZoIdE: Garrett T25 - will go on 0.5 bar. As far as IC, i really didnt pick that part but i trust them that they made a good pick. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
to FrEaKZoIdE: that IC should be enough for 500hps, so it shouldnt be any problems for 150hp - like i said - overkill

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Lookin great jajceko, really interested to see what power she'll produce once complete.
Sure will sound lovely, and whistle along the roads mate :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
project is near end...heres a new picture of engine bay...
dont mind the dust...focus on important parts :)

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
Is the new pipe that runs along the top of the radiator to the engine a fuel pipe, if it is I would be very worried. The specification for fuel pipe suitable for use with modern pump petrol is SAEJ30R9, the ethanol that is put into petrol rots earlier materials in about 2 years, there have been many fires as a result in older classics and newer vehicles fitted with the wrong hose. The DIN 73379 hose that has been used on yours is an earlier spec (equivalent to R6/R7 spec) and if used needs changing every 2 years.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
to SWCeed: i dont know where you see a new pipe that runs at the top of radiator. that is an old pipe from radiator.
only pipes there are from IC and one you can see on the right side, where the blow off valve is and the other line is underneath the car that goes to turbine.

to FrEaKZoIdE: engine really looks like stock, you can only see pipe from IC and blow off valve :). it will be even better when protective cover goes on top.

will post more pics when all is done :)

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
to SWCeed: i dont know where you see a new pipe that runs at the top of radiator
The new pipe is about 7.5mm internal diameter and has clean white lettering on it. It runs from the bottom right hand corner of the photo along the top of the radiator/fan area and then turns up the photo and 1/2 way up turns right, possibly into the fuel rail.

It is obviously new since the lettering is still clean and white.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
to SWCeed: ah...you mean the hose. thanks for the info, will check with guys about that :) - it is a hose that brings fuel to fifth injector...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
to SWCeed: i have talked to guys in shop and they told me that the hose they used is from Forch and that it is a standard service hose that they use...
can you tell me where did you get that info from because i cant really find anything bad about that hose on google. also, there are different types of DIN 73379 hoses.
maybe post a link so i can read some references?
thanks!

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
Fuel pipe research (long!) - for discussion!

This is probably the most informative piece of info but even this is incomplete, it does not tell you that R10 hose is unsuitable to be used in the atmosphere, its designed to be used in tank. Sellers have tried in the past to sell me R10 as being suitable for normal use, its not, it will rot form the outside in, suppose its easy to see what's happening if its in clear view.

To add to the confusion there is lots of Chinese fuel hose out there that is sold as R9, its not, been there, done that. The stainless steel braided is the worst culprit, buyers think it looks like race quality stuff and its not. Just cheap thin rubber covered in braid. The proper race hose is lined with PTFE and requires special fittings which cost more than the actual hose. Hers is a link Aeroquip smooth bore TFE hose & fittings

Don't skimp on fuel hose, with fuel at around 3 bar normally any leak is a big one as will be the accompanying fire. Your red hot turbo is not far from that pipe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
to SWCeed: thanks for the article. i have read it and send it to the guys. like i said...there are different types of DIN 73379 hoses. guys said that they were using this hose on every turbo they did and they didnt have any problems. they said that (in any way) i will have to change the hose after 3-4 years. since i gave them my car i will trust them all the way but thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
to SWCeed: thanks for the article. i have read it and send it to the guys. like i said...there are different types of DIN 73379 hoses. guys said that they were using this hose on every turbo they did and they didnt have any problems. they said that (in any way) i will have to change the hose after 3-4 years. since i gave them my car i will trust them all the way but thanks for the info :)
If you are happy fine but their comment that the hose needs changing every 3 or 4 years appears to me to be an admission that it is not the correct hose. OEM fuel hoses do not require changing so why should hose fitted by a tuning company. Would they have told you this if I had had not raised the issue.

41 - 60 of 198 Posts