Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
To be honest, they don't look promising to me either.

However, 160 eur they offered is way lower than 210 I paid.
If I were driving a gasoline car, I wouldn't have had any doubts - I'd go to Djordjevic straight on. The regular services are fairly easy to do - so I don't doubt they'd do it ok. The engine is less complex, and even if they fill some cheaper oil in and spare some money there, the engine handles it better than CRDi.

Regular maintenance is not science fiction, so you should be fine with them. My next service is sort of big one (60K km), so I expect even greater price difference, and I probably will go to them rather than to Zemun.

But in the end, the choice is yours!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
To be honest, they don't look promising to me either.

However, 160 eur they offered is way lower than 210 I paid.
If I were driving a gasoline car, I wouldn't have had any doubts - I'd go to Djordjevic straight on. The regular services are fairly easy to do - so I don't doubt they'd do it ok. The engine is less complex, and even if they fill some cheaper oil in and spare some money there, the engine handles it better than CRDi.

Regular maintenance is not science fiction, so you should be fine with them. My next service is sort of big one (60K km), so I expect even greater price difference, and I probably will go to them rather than to Zemun.

But in the end, the choice is yours!
You should be quite safe in Zemun now, all criminals from Zemun are either in citulja or in prison over here! :):D;)

I will have my 1st service in two months and have to see if I can do something with the free voucher after dealership went bust, or I will also shell out 200 EUR like you all did...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yep, they caught almost all of them. Some are still hiding in Brasil, though :D

In here we have an alternative to KMAG (Zemun), and I will definitely start visiting the alternative service from now on. 50 eur of a difference is quite a lot to me.

·
Registered
Cee'd CRDi 115 EX Europe
45 Posts
The good thing about guys in Djordjevic is that you can sit and watch as they are doing their job. Also, most of the time you can schedule service for the next day, while at Zemun you have to schedule at least 4-5 days before as they are booked most of the time. They are also changing light bulbs free of charge (if you bring your new bulb) while in Zemun they will charge you 450 RSD.

Their garage is small (but I think they can work on 4 cars at time), but the thing that I really hate about them is that they don't have real parking space! The street there is too narrow and cars are parked on both sides of street and you sometimes have to pull your mirror if you don't want to scratch some of cars parked in front of their garage. And that street is 2-way! I would like to leave my car while I am not there because I know they will park it in front of garage where there is great possibility that someone would scratch it while passing.

Otherwise, I am pretty satisfied with them. I have done 15K and 30K services, changed both stabilizers, did ECU upgrade and changed light bulbs several times there.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Otherwise, I am pretty satisfied with them. I have done 15K and 30K services, changed both stabilizers, did ECU upgrade and changed light bulbs several times there.
Stabilizers in sense of "balans štanga"?
How did you realize they need to be changed?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Regarding their parking space - I park in the lot just cross the entrance. There are cars there, but I block them with my car since I'm around anyway, in case someone needs to exit.

What bulbs are you using when you change them so often ? I only changed my right headlight bulb a month ago, and that's the only bulb I changed (ignoring interior cabin light bulb which was a nightmare to find, but that's another story).
Btw, I changed bulb myself, although it was not that easy to do.

·
Registered
Pro_Cee'd 1.6 Dynamic (2013)
154 Posts
Yup you're right about the narrow street .. I DID scratch my left mirror while going downhill there .. and I did changed my front light bulbs for peanuts ! They put LED diode in lower beams and Osram Night breaker H7 in high beam. So far I got all the answers to my numerous questions while in Zemun I always got "call us later we are busy" type of answer ..

·
Registered
725 Posts
It's quite opposite for me. Whenever I called Djordjevic to ask a price/availability for some part, they take my phone number and tell me they'll call me in 15 minutes. They never call, so I need to call again. And like this every time.

I have an impression that they always phone Zemun to ask for parts and prices.

When I was chasing interior light bulbs, they were telling me "they'll be here in Monday" for months. I went to Zemun, and the guy that works on parts gave me the phone number of their light bulb supplier and told me to ask there. He wasn't going to order them and to sell them to me when he gets them. I consider them both unprofessional and unhelpful. Note: this type of bulb was impossible to find anywhere else.

·
Registered
Cee'd CRDi 115 EX Europe
45 Posts
Regarding their parking space - I park in the lot just cross the entrance. There are cars there, but I block them with my car since I'm around anyway, in case someone needs to exit.
I do the same when I go there. But there are always parked cars on both sides of street so when you are leaving you need to drive really carefully. As most of those cars are Kia's I believe that these are cars that are on service and which were parked by mechanics. I wouldn't like to leave my car there as I wouldn't like my car to be parked like that as there are pretty big chance it will be scratched by some car passing by. That's why I like to stay there when they are servicing my car!

What bulbs are you using when you change them so often ? I only changed my right headlight bulb a month ago, and that's the only bulb I changed (ignoring interior cabin light bulb which was a nightmare to find, but that's another story).
Btw, I changed bulb myself, although it was not that easy to do.

Regarding the bulbs, I have changed h7 bulbs on both sides. As they were 2 years old and they are always on I am not surprised they were done. Also, I have changed one HB4 (left front fog light) as the bulb was damaged but this is long story. So I changed 3 bulbs in total, which is not too much IMO for 40000 km/2.5 years! I am using standard OSRAM bulbs (not the nightbreaker).

·
Registered
Cee'd CRDi 115 EX Europe
45 Posts
@axy
Yes, I guess those stabilizers are "stabilizatori balans stangle". I changed both of them. One was broken on 19000 km, and another one on 32000 km. As I was told this is common problem on Cee'ds especialy in countries where roads are bad.
You know they need to be changed when you hear knocking somewhere around the wheel when you are driving with low speed over small bumps on the road. They also told me that original stabilizers on the Cee'd was not good so that now Kia is using another vendor for this part. I will see how they will perform.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi guys ..

My first service was done few days ago ad "Djordjevic Auto" here in Belgrade Serbia and I must say that the price was ok. Service took some 20min. in total to be done. Please find attached scanned invoice and the translation is below. All in all I would highly recommend these guys for all your KIA repairs and maintenance .. fair prices and you don't need to wait two weeks to get in line.

Just for your information, middle exchange rate EUR/dinar was 1EUR=105,5626 din.

1. half synthetic oil10w40, 3.5L: 33,15 EUR
2. oil filter: 8,14 EUR
2. Engine air filter: 25,57 EUR
3. Cabin air filter: 25,57 EUR
4. Work: 28,42 EUR

Total: 108,78 EUR
(with 10% discount included)

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Pro_Cee'd 1.4 LX Fresh+
55 Posts
But, why half synthetic oil? :(
Difference in price is too small to save money on this ...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I asked for full synthetic .. but they said like this:
"Kia recommended half synthetic oil for petrol engines and full synthetic for diesel, therefore we must put half synthetic."

I asked for full .. but they didn't want to put it.. :(

·
Registered
Kia Pro_Cee'd 1.4 LX Fresh+
55 Posts
That's very strange, because in that same service (Djordjevic), one year ago, I asked them to put full synthetic oil, and they did it.
I was planing to do second regular servicing there, but if they are going to insist on half synthetic oil, I am definitely choosing another service.

p.s. How's your problem with engine knocking?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I reported this to them (Djordjevic) and they said that it's definitely quality of petrol.
Anyway, I started using this "Premium BMB 95" from OMV .. and to be honest .. knocking stopped and engine has a little bit more "kick" when you step on the gas pedal. Maybe it's my subjective opinion but engine started acting totally differently (in a better way) and sound is a little bit more different .. also in a better way. :)

On the other hand, I ordered from them LED fog lamps last week and they said that they will call me on Tuesday .. still no answer from them. As I heard, this is a common "issue" with "Djordjevic". .. we'll see .. I will call them today to see what's been going on ..

·
Registered
725 Posts
They never call! Even if they need to call you back in 10 minutes.
You must chase them if you want phone answers.

·
Registered
2008 (08) 2.0CRDI Pro_Cee'd Sport
53 Posts
Reposted as requested :)

I am writing this thread for those that may want an insight into what is done in the 2nd service as i have seen a few questions crop up asking about what is done and how much etc. Now it may be different from dealer to dealer (especially price wise) but it should be safe to assume they would be following the same guidelines from KIA regarding what to actually change/check.

This is from a UK KIA dealer and my car is a 2008 (08 plate) Pro_Cee'd 2.0 CRDI Sport.

I had my second year/25k mile service carried out in july, mileage was 19k at time of service but was 2 years old by then.

I contacted the dealer where i purchased my car from first of all to obtain a quote for the 2nd service which they advised would be £260.

So i then contacted another dealer that was closer to me and they quoted me £230 for a 2nd service.

I then contacted the first dealer again and asked that since it was where i purchased my car from would they be able to "price match" the other dealer.

They kindly obliged and the price was brought down to a nice £220, which i happily agreed and got it booked in.

Now for the work carried out.. from the invoice it says...

WORK CARRIED OUT
Carried out 25k service as per checklist
Changed oil and filter
Checked battery - Good
Checked anti-freeze - protected to -25
Checked lights and levels
Checked tyres and pressures
Checked steering and suspension
Checked brakes and adjusted handbrake
Replaced brake fluid

25k Service

PARTS/MATERIALS
Part Number - Description - RRP - Unit Price - Qty - Total Nett

SERVICEKIT271 - 25/50/75k - £29.89 - £25.41 - 1 - £25.41
10S - Shell Helix 5W-30 LTR - £10.60 - £9.01 - 7 - £63.07
45 - Brake Fluid 1/2 LRT - £4.00 - £4.00 - 1 - £4.00
7 - Engine Flush - £9.95 - £9.95 - 1 - £9.95
3 - Brake Dry Clean - £3.95 - £3.95 - 1 - £2.00
2 - Wash Conc - £2.00 - £2.00 - 1 - £2.00
ZW2 - Environmental Waste Charge - £3.95 - £3.95 - 1 - £3.95

It is recommended that the following items need attention :-
Privilege customer discount applied due to price match
Both rear tyres wearing low estimate 6924 provided

Scratches on OS quarter
Locking wheel key back in beside wheel

Labour: £88.51
Labour Disc: £13.28
Total Labour: £75.23

Parts: £127.94
Parts Disc: £15.61
Total Parts: £112.33

Sub-Total: £187.56
VAT: £32.83
MOT: £0.00

Total £220.39

Then there is also the 25 Point Visual Healthcheck which covers the following...

Fluid Levels:
1. Engine oil
2. Brake Fluid
3. Coolant
4. Power Steering
5. Front/rear windscreen washer

Signals/Visibility:
6. Side lights/number plate
7. Indicators/hazard warning system
8. Dipped/main beam headlights
9. Reversing lights/stop lights
10. Front/rear foglights
11. Wiper blade wear and operation of front/rear wash/wipe

Safety:
12. Condition of front/rear shock absorbers
13. Tyre wear/condition
14. Adjust tyre pressures
15. Exhaust (leaks/mountings)
16. Condition of brake system including check for leaks (external)
17. Condition of drive shaft dust boots
18. Drive belts

Condition / Operation:
19. Horn
20. Heating and air conditioning
21. Windscreen
22. Instrumentation
23. Rear view mirrors
24. Operation of doors and windows
25. Battery

I think the Wash Conc part of the invoice was cleaning the car itself but i cant be sure but my car did come back nice and clean inside and out.

I'm not sure what exactly is included in the Service Kit so hopefully someone will be able to enlighten me/everyone else that doesn't know.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
1st service @ 5900 km

Today had my first service @5900 km (if you wonder why I bought the car in the first place, so do I).
I would say that basically they did check of the ECU memory for errors (none), tightened the handbrake that tends to get loose every few K kms (had it tightened during check @2000 kms), changed oil filter and oil.

Interestingly, the oil is Shell Helix 5W-40 Ultra Diesel. My car is gasoline powered.

I have looked up the Internet for "diesel oil in gasoline engine" and got mixed feedback: some say that detergents and additives will clean the engine more effectively, others say it could damage catalytic converter. Whatever.

I would say that air filter and air con filter were not changed: I checked them yesterday myself and they are pristine white, which is also strange. On my other cars and bikes after few K kms they get black from dust.

I was charged nothing for this service because I got 1st service as a part of the whole package when I was negotiating the price of the car.

It is strange how one year has already passed since purchase (and probably -4000 EUR in purchase value :))).

·
Premium Member
2010 Kia Ceed SW 3 CRDi, 2009 Kia Soul 2 CRDi
856 Posts
Interestingly, the oil is Shell Helix 5W-40 Ultra Diesel. My car is gasoline powered.
You should inform the dealer. It could be a mistake. If they say it's ok, ask them to put that in writing so if there is any future warranty issues and they look back in the history and blame you for the wrong oil, at least you've got some come back. By asking them for this, they might well change their tune and ask you to come back in for an oil change.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts