Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car is a 1992 kia pride cd-5.. actually it was my dad's but since my other family members including him migrated to US.. he left the car to my uncle and it was stocked for about 5 months.. they never used it and they told me that they are just starting it for the sake of not stocking the engine.

when I have the opportunity to look for it.. the engine's sound is like the sound of diesel engine.. lots of vibrations and it sounds like a muscle car.. i tried to drive it around the power was lost and when i am in fifth gear the car shakes and it cant accelerate anymore.. what is the problem?

i already tried to replace the fuel filter.. check the wires of the spark plugs.. added oil because when i checked the oil rod it was already below LOW.. the idling is good.. but it sounds like diesel..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I have somewhat the same problem for the same Kia Pride model after having the belts changed last month. Engine is noisy like diesel, and now feels underpowered. I was initially told a top overhaul would be needed, but then was later told a complete engine overhaul. Any ideas? Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts