Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
kia pride
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helo :) I have kia pride model 2000 auromatic and while i was waiting for a light traffic with D and brakes the engine stopped and i needed to switch to P and start the car to move on.. can you tell me what is the problem you can think of please ? i will be greatfull . thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,842 Posts
Please fill in your profile detail, and we'll all know where you're from etc.

That model wasn't sold in many countries, so unfortunately you'll not find many around here that could offer much advice.

It would be best for you to provide a little more information, such as , is it fuel injected, .......

·
Registered
kia pride
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok ... everything with the car is fine except it turned of this time when it was in D and brakes as i said . it happend just one time so hopefully its nothing (?) but ill see.
another thing is that in the car the wheel is dancing (Vibrating i mean) but i guess its because this model is old

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,842 Posts
Is it fuel injected or carburettor?

If the wheel is "dancing" [could you better describe this] it could be out of balance and the shock absorbers need replacing, but could also be worn joints and steering rack.

·
Super Moderator
10,842 Posts
its a fuel injected ...
Then it's quite possible that the Idle Speed Control valve (ISC / IAC) valve is sticky and may need cleaning with carb cleaner.

The more information you provide, the more likely you are to receive help.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,902 Posts
Hi Michael...
The KIA "stalled" at the light....
Many possible causes...

Water in fuel line
Intermittent electrical connection (coils, ignition switch)
Bad gas/petrol...

Unless it becomes a common problem I'd say just watch it and do not worry..
Dave

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,902 Posts
Now as far as the vibration...Do you feel the steering wheel move left and right? or do you feel the vibration in the back of the car?...
How many miles/kilos on the car? You may have a worn half axle (cv joint), a worn wheel bearing, worn tie rod ends...even a tire that is out of balance or damaged....
At what speed do you feel the vibration? Does it go away when you go faster or slower?
We might be able to help if you can supply us with more information...
Dave

·
Registered
kia pride
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all Thank you all ... For cleaning with carb cleaner its fuel additive ? And dave the vibrating is happening only while D and brakes, not when im driving... My car did 68,000 kilos , im not driving a lot :)

·
Super Moderator
10,842 Posts
First of all Thank you all ... For cleaning with carb cleaner its fuel additive ?
It comes in a spray can - you need to remove the ISC to clean it.
And dave the vibrating is happening only while D and brakes, not when im driving... My car did 68,000 kilos , im not driving a lot :)
Is it engine vibration that you refer to? - If it is then it is likely confirmation that the ISC is not functioning as it should (not regulating idle speed).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts