Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi .. i live in kurdistan sorry for bad eng ..
i have kia pride that made by saipa in iran .. it has original kia-siemens injection system with single coil and distributer .. i love it .. my hatchback pride when i start and rpm on 850 and 900 maybe 800 .. when i turn on lams of car the rpm down!! to 750 700 and its selonoid stoper(ics) do nothing ! and my car and the role vibrating very very very !! very what?! :D ahaa hard .. pls help me .. thanks for reading my post 0:) i m waiting for ur post s

·
Premium Member
'15 Soul 1.6L, '08 Sedona 3.8L, '03 Ford Escape 3.0L
311 Posts
@xagrox

When you say "when i turn on lams of car the rpm down!! " are you talking about the head lamps / lights? IF yes then you should look at the cars charging system.... alternator & belt, battery, cabling for electric wiring, etc....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi .. thank for cm .. yes head/light lamps !! i write eng like vegetables.. i check all things that u mean .. charjer/alternator is good battery is new 60amper i chek some cables and change/improve some of them .. but my car still vibrating at that rpm .. just when i turn on headlights or raiator/fan turning on .. or other electricity parts .. oh sorry ..

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Do you know what the output of the charger/alternator is? It really sounds like when you are applying a load (head lights, etc.) it may be dragging the system down....

No worries on the english.... its better than my Kurdish.... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i go to some fix car(mechanics)!!! they sey this problem is natural ofr this model of kia pride injector types .. in saipa they product this model for short time.. then replace injection system with new sagem and valeo and new siemens system that support abs and double/coil and step motor for its stopper(ics)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know what the output of the charger/alternator is? It really sounds like when you are applying a load (head lights, etc.) it may be dragging the system down....

No worries on the english.... its better than my Kurdish.... :)
oh my bro you are very coool :p thanks ..
i check it soon and tell u ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the link it is usefull.. but! what?! that soldier bro ask and other bro answer like analysis of the problem .. if this problem made by isc-bpa that is selonoeid i can replace it with new one .. hope for fix the problem .. but i think ecu dont increase voltage of isc-bpa at this time so this problem really is naturall i can live with shaking in traffic .. but if it s a really problem i will fix it .. last time a mechanic guy check the voltage of alternator with an avometer and told it s ok .. i can t remember the number that avometer show .. my question is if any body had this car they met this problem?!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
xagro,

wish I could help more... Never heard of a Kia Pride (only available outside USA), post with updates and the fix when you get one...

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,838 Posts
It sounds like your Idle Speed Control Valve (ISC), or also referred to as Idle Air Control valve (IAC) is not working - it should modulate to maintain the design idle speed regardless of load changes such as headlamps, power steering or AC.

Very often this can be corrected by cleaning the ISC with carburator cleaner, and if that doesn't fix it then it would be best to connect a scanner to it and confirm that the Engine Control Module is sending the correct signal, if it is, then you need a new ISC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
xagro,

wish I could help more... Never heard of a Kia Pride (only available outside USA), post with updates and the fix when you get one...
thankssss many many thank for u :blush-anim-cl: i know this model not exist in us because it s a tool for death than a car .. :D oh happy new year too my bro and wish all goods for you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sounds like your Idle Speed Control Valve (ISC), or also referred to as Idle Air Control valve (IAC) is not working - it should modulate to maintain the design idle speed regardless of load changes such as headlamps, power steering or AC.

Very often this can be corrected by cleaning the ISC with carburator cleaner, and if that doesn't fix it then it would be best to connect a scanner to it and confirm that the Engine Control Module is sending the correct signal, if it is, then you need a new ISC.
sounds like a messenger :D.. ok very very thanks for you proffessional super moderator icheck all thing soon .. thanks a lot .. and come back for get more helps :blush-anim-cl:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Greetings,

You may also want to check the EGR system, IIRC there are hoses running to the solenoid on the firewall, and to the air box - they should be pliable,and secure..

Also check the vacuum hose on the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR), it's a short hose that runs from the FPR to the metal vacuum port running along the Intake Manifold,

* As a sanity check, I would pull and clean the EGR Valve - they do carbon up easy on this model, and check the vacuum diaphragm assembly to make sure it is moving freely / without restriction - have lots of Carb Cleaner on hand and a stiff nylon bristle brush to clean out the ports..

--

If you realize improvement, then next step would be to dial-in / adjust timing via adjusting the distributor, to smooth out the idle.

Hope this helps,
GottaCruise

( Former owner Ford Aspire / aka Kia Pride .. )

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No kidding, I used to own an Aspire... No frills good fuel economy car..... Ended up selling it to a friend who drove it till the wheels fell off (figuratively speaking)...
With that 13" wheelbase, at least it didn't have far to fall. :)

Ours was a 'Salvage Yard Save' - much rehabbing to get it back to reliable running condition, was a fun project: if not for the transmission case getting cracked from road debris ( 2x4 in road, under water / not visible, during heavy rain - arrgh ), I'd still be driving it.. That car had great MPG w/ the 1.3 motor (sigh).

xagrox: I still have the (Ford Aspire) factory service manuals - if you need any specs., etc. let us know / post back, will try to help.

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
GottaCruise,

thanks my friend this days i have tests in university and i student at mathematic thread and tests are very hard .. after the end of this helly days .. i chek isc and egr system .. :))
ford aspire engine with mine is same?! !! what about injection system ?! ... thank thank and much more thanks ...

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Greetings xagrox,

Hope your tests @ university go well - Mathmatics is a tough major, that's why I chose computer science ( let the computer do the math.. :)

--
The fuel injection system should be similar, but I do not know if they are exactly the same, given we are in different countries / with the US EPA emissions regulations here.

I will get the factory manuals out and check the fuel injection system sections to see what's in the books / what will be involved to get that information to you.

* This will take a few days, very busy with work & travel, will post back by mid next-week ( Wednesday Jan. 14 2015 ),

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,809 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts