Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2003 Kia Pregio Van and it is Diesel.

My problem is that when my van revs over 2500rpm it starts to blow blue smoke out of the exhaust.

I have already changed the following: engine oil, oil filter, diesel fuel filter, air filter and fuel injectors cleaned.

I am unable to travel more than 60miles per hour.

Does someone know what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am unsure whether it had overheating problems before because I bought it second hand.

When purchased the van there was no smoke, I had changed the engine oil and oil filter with diesel specified oil. The car would run up to 4500rpm with heaps power and there would only be slight black smoke at this high rpm (normal for diesel).

After driving if for about 1-2 weeks this problem began where it would only go up to 2500rpm and blow heaps of blue smoke.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
try checking the fuel filter again, make sure its tighten and no leaking, and try to check your engine after you travel couple of miles whether there is a sign of engine oil leak. I use to experience the engine valve cover melted and caused oil leak. check carefully, the leak start with a small melt which very hard for you to notice. your van always experience empty tank b4?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kia pregio not starting

Hi there i have a 2001 kia pregio it had a cylinder head job done on it but now it wont stat i hove the glow plus hooked up directly to the battery so that is on the timing belt was not moved an the fuel is pumping but no strong.. Can some one tell me why it not stating

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,992 Posts
were do i find the obd outlet in my 2001 kia
pregio?
Please add your profile detail listing your model and your location, then we'll know if your vehicle has an OBDII port.

·
Registered
Kia pregio 2006 2.7 diesel
2 Posts
Please add your profile detail listing your model and your location, then we'll know if your vehicle has an OBDII port.
Hi Ron. This was a post from a long time ago.. but I'm going crazy trying to find my obd port.

I have a 2006 2.7 kia pregio. I've spent hours looking.. I know it's going to be right infront of my eyes but I csnt find it. Do you have any idea where it would be? It's a right hand drive model

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,992 Posts
Hi Ron. This was a post from a long time ago.. but I'm going crazy trying to find my obd port.

I have a 2006 2.7 kia pregio. I've spent hours looking.. I know it's going to be right infront of my eyes but I csnt find it. Do you have any idea where it would be? It's a right hand drive model
Its likely that your vehicle doesn't have an OBD port and only a diagnostic port in the engine compartment.

If that's the case, you can use a jumper to get the CEL to flash and count the pulses to find the fault codes.

·
Registered
Kia pregio 2006 2.7 diesel
2 Posts
Its likely that your vehicle doesn't have an OBD port and only a diagnostic port in the engine compartment.

If that's the case, you can use a jumper to get the CEL to flash and count the pulses to find the fault codes.
Thanks. I was trying to fit a gps tracker as I'm renting it to somebody and it uses an obd port. It just needed power though so I managed to jerry rig some power to the device. Thank you. Classic I'd buy something for one of the few vehicles without an obd port

1 - 11 of 11 Posts