Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just bought this van in Australia, 330'000 km but good conditions, serviced regularly, however, there are a couple of things that I would like to fix but I do not know how or if I even should. I will try to post the link to the pictures in the second post (cannot in the first!)

1) the gear shift is very loose (video). Nothing is actually broken, but it can be hard to 'find' the gear. I suspect I could replace some washers and it would be fine. Anyone had the same problem?

2) The AC does not work. I found out a fuse is missing is the fuse box near the battery under the driver's seat (foto). Like this, if I'm correct, the circuit should be broken, and replacing it could make it work, however I wonder if it was removed on purpose. Any thoughts?

3) The air flow in the cabin from the vents is very very poor, I was thinking of a clogged air filter, but I could not find it anywhere. I found what I think is the air intake under the front hood. The 'filter' seems gone. (foto)

Additionally, under the passenger seat, there is a tube (or a sheat?) that is cut. (foto) I do not know what is it for and I'm thinking it is related to poor cabin air flow. I want to replace but I do not know the name of the part. Any help?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,883 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts