Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just found this forum and have already picked up lots of useful info, thanks!

We have a few problems with our Kia and after being quoted $154 an hour just to diagnose the problems we thought we would ask here for help first.

The cigarette lighter and radio do not work, no power to either. I've changed the fuse in the box by the right of the steering wheel. The radio isn't the standard you get with the car so I can't seem to reset it or anything.

Also the sliding door outside handle doesn't function, we have to keep opening it from the inside. When you press the outside handle in it has no tension so is completely loose like something has snapped? (hope this makes sense)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hannahvl
I have the same problem with my 2003 Pregio van - as well as a broken antenna! I spoke with another Pregio owner over the weekend and his sliding door has the same problem.
I note that since October 2017 over 700 people have viewed your post, but not one suggestion on how to fix the handle!

Did you end up fixing the door handle? Do I have to take off the inside panel and have a look to see what the problem is?
Chris Sp

·
Registered
2 Posts
As for the door: I had a similar problem with the back door but I guess it will be similar. The mechanism is made of metal parts connected together with quite cheap plastic parts. And the plastic just snaps at some point. When fixing it you'll have to be creative. In my case I just used a wing nut and it woks fine. But it depends on which part and where has snapped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I just found this forum and have already picked up lots of useful info, thanks!

We have a few problems with our Kia and after being quoted $154 an hour just to diagnose the problems we thought we would ask here for help first.

The cigarette lighter and radio do not work, no power to either. I've changed the fuse in the box by the right of the steering wheel. The radio isn't the standard you get with the car so I can't seem to reset it or anything.

Also the sliding door outside handle doesn't function, we have to keep opening it from the inside. When you press the outside handle in it has no tension so is completely loose like something has snapped? (hope this makes sense)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

A knowledgeable auto technician can fix it in less than an hour. DIY or a beginner needs more time. Open the sidings cover by removing some mounting screws and the rubber stopper/bumper of the side door. Insert a large flat screwdriver in between the sidings cover and metal frame to snap out the PLASTIC SNAP LOCK mounted with the sidings cover. Now you can see the DOOR MECHANISMS what is missing or broken parts needed to repair or replace. Return the sidings the opposite way. Align the sidings properly with the frame holes for the PLASTIC SNAP LOCK. Just press sidings to SNAP LOCK. Done. Hope these help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts