Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,003 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
OP are you talking about Kia's certified pre owned used cars? Or just a aftermarket warranty/service contract?
Just clinked on Rons link..... we don't sell that here, more than likely something that dealer has put together for there customers and of course to make more money at time of sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OP are you talking about Kia's certified pre owned used cars? Or just a aftermarket warranty/service contract?
Just clinked on Rons link..... we don't sell that here, more than likely something that dealer has put together for there customers and of course to make more money at time of sale.
Mine isn't a CPO
I'm just looking for the extended warranty that Kia offers through the dealers.
6yr/75k Platinum $100 deductible

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
I would call a few diff dealers in your area and get some prices. You going to find some crazy prices. Come back and tell us what you found.....

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
That's a ton of cash. I myself would not be buying it. I really don't see a lot of problems with your Kia Sorento. How many miles are on it now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I found out that Kia's and most other manufacturers Extended Warranties is just a Fidelity Warranty. If you go to Fidelity's website the warranty packages are even listed, Platinum, Gold+, Gold, ect ect. These warranties can be bought through brokers.
I can get Platinum coverage good for 92k miles & 2020 for $1700.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aside from the powertrain that I think is covered for 100k, what are some of the warranty repairs you can forsee that would cost over $1500 to $2000 for the life of the car to justify paying that amount?

·
Registered
2016 KIA Optima SXL
82 Posts
My dealer tried to sell me an "extended" warranty when I bought my Optima. I declined and pointed out the 5-year, bumper-to-bumper factory warranty the car comes with and the limited coverage offered for 10-years, 100,000 miles. I'll probably trade the car before the 5 year warranty is up. Oh, the dealer also tried to sell me tire, paint and interior protection plans as well. :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts