Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
kia picanto 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kia Picanto JA sound has gone. Visit to a Kia dealer: I have to pay for replacement of radio unit.

The sound doesn't work since June, the GPS and the unit software have been updated end of May 2021 by Kia dealer (included in 7 year-waranty). After update, the sound was OK. The sound has stopped to work 2 days later (I mean all speakers) the dealer says it's an electronic issue in the unit, and I didn't have an issue before, all was working fine before.
Of course the 3-year warranty for Radio is over since February...

I've checked battery, fuses, software version, but didn't find the answer. The dealer did the unit software update again, nothing...

The radio gives no sound, bluetooth works, but no sound, GPS works (and is up to date) but no voice. Rear camera works.

Maybe it's the unit that need a replacement, maybe it's something else, did somebody have this issue ?

Photos:

·
Registered
kia picanto 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've found this error shown in the engineering mode. And have checked wires in the back of the unit. Did not understand yet what this error means...

maybe it's an amplifier problem ? (this video features the same problem maybe:
&
)

·
Registered
kia picanto 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black screen now since yesterday. I think the module is dead now (I can hear a whistling in the module also!
15 days and still no news from Kia, vendors say hello then doesn't seem interested, they are so bad at selling auto parts !
I think I will buy an android radio

·
Registered
kia picanto 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After the unit replacement with another original one from 2020 the sound and screen work now. I think the update of the unit program from 2017 to 2021 killed it. I won't try that again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts