Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Picanto 2013/TA 1.1l V4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

I got this odd problem with my Kia Picanto 2013, it's the TA model, both of my brake lights on the back burnt out, but the top middle one (on the "5th" door) still works, this already happened before and in order to fix it I changed both light bulbs and it worked.

A month after, same thing happened again, both side brake lights burnt out, top-middle one still working, so I'm starting to think it's a circuit issue.

So I'm wondering if any of y'all had this issue before, and for the experts amongst you, how can I detect/search for the faulty wires/connectors/splits and replace them or fix them?

Thanks a bunch, god bless.

·
Registered
2014 Picanto 1.2 EX Manual
4 Posts
Hey y'all,

I got this odd problem with my Kia Picanto 2013, it's the TA model, both of my brake lights on the back burnt out, but the top middle one (on the "5th" door) still works, this already happened before and in order to fix it I changed both light bulbs and it worked.

A month after, same thing happened again, both side brake lights burnt out, top-middle one still working, so I'm starting to think it's a circuit issue.

So I'm wondering if any of y'all had this issue before, and for the experts amongst you, how can I detect/search for the faulty wires/connectors/splits and replace them or fix them?

Thanks a bunch, god bless.
I'm not sure what could cause it, however I have had to change light bulbs on my Picanto more often (when I say often, I have probably had to change the rear bulbs 4 times in 5 years so it is not a huge problem) than other cars with multiple seeming to go at the same time - especially on the back. I have considered changing them for LED bulbs to see if that helps - will probably try next time one goes. Need to be sure to get LEDs that are legal in your country for external use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts