Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got my new Picanto 2010 model.
on my cd player there is an aux button and when i press it it says no media so im assuming its because it doesnt have the correct wire as where the aux goes there is a blank button thingy. (sorry description is rubbish)
how do i take the cd player out as its the manufactures one and also what sort of cable would i need to plug into the back of the player to connect my aux to my ipod/mp3 plyer?
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn't every Picanto have the standard USB and Aux-in connectors right next tot the 12Volt DC connector...?

If your Picanto does then all you need is the Kia Aux to Ipod cable as shown below...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi nope mine doesnt have that :( its not even the lowest spec car and it didnt come with that it dnt make sense :(
im thinkin of just getting a radio transmitter for my ipod again i had one b4 but lost it and that wrked fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there i also have a 2010 picanto and wanted to do the same thing with mine , i run my own business doind car audio , i removed the radio to look at the back to get the correct lead and to my suprise none of my suppliers make one ( it uses mini iso leads ) i even rang westdrive kia in braintree and spoke to there parts department which i regularly use for bits for customers cars and they said that they dont list a separate lead , the cars only get the lead when they are ordered from the factory where they are put in before the cars are sent out , only way out is to get either a fm transmiter or change the stereo for a jvc double din with front usb and aux jack in the front panel , hope this helps , you can contact me by phone if you want on 07984 321566 / 01787 469808 my name is simon and my business is called westmead automotive , hope this helps

·
Registered
2010 Kia Rio 1.4 Strike
15 Posts
If it doesn't have the USB/AUX panel can this also be added?

Seems to be the same head unit across the model range...

Doesn't every Picanto have the standard USB and Aux-in connectors right next tot the 12Volt DC connector...?

If your Picanto does then all you need is the Kia Aux to Ipod cable as shown below...

·
Registered
2010 Kia Rio 1.4 Strike
15 Posts
Bump :)

Definitely interested in retrofitting this to my Picanto 1 if the parts can be bought - anyone know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
can someone tell me who the manufacturer and the model number of the stereo is

i have yet to remove mine and am thinking of going o the manufacturer for details of the cable

thanks

jld

·
Registered
Kia pica to 2010
2 Posts
Just to bump this - Im trying to attach an aux cable to my 2010 kia picanto raadio which has an aux button but no port. I've taken it out to look at the back but unsure how to proceed from here, I've attached the pictures if anyone knows what cable to buy?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
Kia pica to 2010
2 Posts
Unsure why photos arent showing on forum and can't provide a link either, any thoughts on how to share this?

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EIdPV1cda4KnEgJJ15unWkQq9-XbDVtF?usp=sharing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts