1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo!!!
I´m Marco from Germany. Newbie here in this forum... :57:

I drive a new KIA Picanto 1.1 EX with all extras like seatheating, 15" Zoll alu rims (175/50R15 KUMHO Solus High Performance Tires), a/c and so on :)

With the 35 litre petrol tank, i can drive only for e.g. 450 km then the petrol low signal is on.
I drove since i got the car 1800 km...is it true that i spend less petrol than now if i reach more 10.000 km? i drive without a/c ... i can´t believe that i could really reach 700 km with one petrol tankful. my rpm´s are between 1500 up to 3000 mostly...
Please answer ;-) thx

Where can i get complete body kits for my Pica?From shops in germany (cheap). I like to tune my car only with the body. Frontspoiler, Rearspoiler, Rims, DachSpoiler... i know ath hinsberger and maximo in germany.. and which other nice things like light or others can i tune and how to do it???
Please answer.... ;-) thx

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one thin at least *g*...sorry about my wrong english *ggg* i was sleping at school :bwekk:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
49 Posts
Hi Marco,

Wlecome to this forum :)

I certainly understand your concern - as you might've seen many other people have registered the same consumption pattern as you.

I had this good experience when I clocked about 10,000 km that fuel consumption was improved radically.

My "indicator" is that when I've used about 1/4 of my petrol (seen on the fuel gauge) my trip counter has to show at least 140 km. This corresponds to about 7 liters to 140 km - meaning 20 km/l. Mostly, I succeed in driving something between 150 and 160 km.

It's really hard to say what to do to get best fuel consumption in a Picanto. For instance, I never drive less than 125 km/h on highway... so....

My own driving pattern is:

1. Shift gears rapidly, don't revv up engine when accelerating
2. Avoid driving more than 130 km/h as the Pica isn't very aerodynamic
3. Avoid short rides as a cold engine is messy with the fuel
4. Keep a stable foot on the gas (don't move it up and down all the time)

I drive daily 2 x 30 km. These consist of 50% rural road, 50% high way.

When I use the a/c it "eats" about 10% on the fuel consumption. This is considerable compared to my previous cars. I believe it's due to the smalle engine in a Picanto.

Regarding the tuning stuff, I know other members have more experience with this. But an Austrian company called ATH Hinsberger has some nice kit, and I saw a German company called something like Maximo, if I recall this right. They can provide you with leather upholstery as well.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Kneeler

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thank you...the fuel problem is very different...the driver can do it ;-) *g*
of course i drive only short ways in the city...that means more consumption....

but now is my problem i cant buy kia steel rims for my winter tyres, because they not avaiable here by our dealers....how much do they cost? my car dealer wants to have 55,50 € for a steel rim...but i think its too much....can you help me here?

thank you ;-)

P.S.: i understand english, but i cant wright it good...sorry :blush:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Welcome, your english is really very good certainly better than the Deutsch I was taught at school! But I seem to be able to order Coke and a Big Mac in almost every languge! wow... :)

Seriously though, I wish I could speak any other language as well as many people who have englis as their second language do. Kneelers english for example is better than mine :blush:

Very nice pica too, I noticed the seat warmers in the manual, seems nice on a cold day!

Good luck with the economy.

Mike

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On Coke Please?!? :amen: *gggg*

Yes, the seat heating is very comfortable. In cold autumn or winter its the perfect completion to the A/C...Because you have every time a warm car :beer:

But my english is not so good :trophy: i wouldn´t win a cup ^^

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
49 Posts
Hey :)

I think you can use steel rims just like for a e.g. VW Lupo... I believe the 4 x 100 mm bolt holes and 155/65R14 wheels should be OK for winter.

I even think you can use 13" VW Polo wheels as I know that my Skoda Felicia 13" steel rims fit on a Pica. Tire dimension should be 155/70R13 then.

Enjoy your weekend :p

Kneeler

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry, my reply is to late.. But I wonder what is your current fuel consumption?

Actually i am matching honda jazz's consumption and picanto's...

So I am from Turkey, my English is not good:)

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
200 Posts
no worries abot ur english people. it doesnt concern most of us here at least. btw, try not to use any 13" rims because you wont be happy with it. steel rims or whutsoever, get a 15" rims that would suit your picanto just nice and believe me, its perfect handling. you will feel the difference from ur stock 14" rims. you'll be able to take corners comfortably.

Speaking of bodykits, are u looking for the standard bodykits which the KIA dealers are offering, or u wanna get come cuztomised bodykits that would definately spice up ur ride? If u are from germany, i suggest you get your bodykits online, direct from malaysia because the currency here is considered really cheap when compared to euros.

Btw, good luck in ur search and all the best with your new Kia Picanto!

·
Registered
7 Posts
my average fuel consumption with always using the aircon is 13.41 kms/liter or 31.54 mpg after 1,962 kilometers on the odometer, mine is 1.1 liter engine with 5 speed manual transmission !

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz E280 CDI, Picanto 1.1LX Auto
33 Posts
Grusse Marco - und sorgen Sie sich nicht, Ihr Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch. Ich schlief auch an der Schule. :)

My 1.1 automatic is used only in town for short trips, so the fuel consumption is not very good. The car is 9 months old, has done only 1,400 miles and averages just over 30 mpg. Most people seem to find that the Picanto fuel economy gets better as the car covers a few more miles.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
246 Posts
my girls picanto has now got 24,000 miles on the clock...and the milage does get better,shes got an induction kit for it aswel as a cold air feed..now here suposed to help ur engine a little bit more...and it does

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, louis from Dominican Repubic, my car is a red pica 1.1 automatic and it has modifications on the air filter and exhaust system, my car is doing also 450km for 8.5 fuel gallons so that makes it 45 km / gallon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could probably get 616 kms before the low petrol warning lights on if you cruise at a steady 60 kph highway driving with the air conditioner off !!! I tried 80 kph cruising and got 18 kpl with the airconditioner in the lowest setting possible !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Economy after 6600 miles

Fuel economy on mine is a bit poor - I suppose I am getting about 270 miles from a tank which I think equates to about 34mpg or so. It does improve if you use higher octane fuel though I find. Tesco 99 in the UK is really good, and the motor runs a little better on it too. Anyone overseas, just get the best Octane you can find!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts