Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with an idea for a problem I am having with my 04 Kia please? I had a problem with what we thought was my ABS sensors on the front wheels as I would feel a vibration on my pedal when I was braking, and also when I was hitting 65-70 on the motorway my ABS light would come on. Anyway, we replaced the ABS sensors on the front wheels, saw that the old ones had been rubbing on examination when they came out, and drove it around and didn't feel any vibrations and thought that the problem was fixed. I have had the new sensors fitted only a few days now (since 07/05/13) and have already felt some more vibrations on the brake pedal (but not as bad as before) and the ABS light still comes on when I reach the higher speeds. Does anyone have any suggestions of what it might be instead, as it cost a lot for the ABS sensors and it would be nice to have some ideas before I fork out for something else that might be just as expensive and still not work!
Thank you! :)

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
497 Posts
Check or have somebody look at your RELUCTOR rings on the drive shafts - this is a known problem where they corrode and then split giving a false reading to the ABS sensors.

The dealer will tell you that you can't buy them but they are available on eBay for under £20 for a pair delivered.

A quick search of this forum would have brought this thread up:

Intermittent ABS Problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with reluctor rings BUT consider having the dealer do it as its a driveshaft out job and they are shrunk on and according to my dealer a swine to get off.....cost me about £100 all in.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
497 Posts
I agree with reluctor rings BUT consider having the dealer do it as its a driveshaft out job and they are shrunk on and according to my dealer a swine to get off.....cost me about £100 all in.
I had trouble getting the hub off the drive-shaft but removing and replacing the reluctor rings is very easy/simple to be honest.

I've not had any trouble getting a hub off a drive-shaft on any of my previous cars to be fair...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts