Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my Optima Hybrid Premium this week all new with no scratch.
i had the car for 4 days love the car by the why its my 1st car.
but i got two small scratch and the car is black so you can see it
i think its from a rock on the highway
anyways did any one try the kia Paint Pens can it remove a small scratch?:confused:

· Registered
192 Posts
I have the paint sticks for my Kias.. I'l take the old tube and brush any day.. I hate these things..

I used the Turtle Wax colored waxes {black} to deal with minor scratches.. on a Dark Impala I owned ... Far cheaper than scratch kits and works perfectly for minor scratches on a new finish.. start there.. any auto parts store has it..

· Registered
98 Honda CR-V, 08 GMC CC, 96 Camry Coupe V6, 11 Kia Sportage EX AWD
87 Posts
anyways did any one try the kia Paint Pens can it remove a small scratch?:confused:
I bought a paint pen from the Dealer for my silver 2011. Worked great, the one and only time I used it.:)

· Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L & 2012 Optima Premium Hybrid, 1989 KR-1 250cc "2stroke"
101 Posts
Good question, i also have a Optima Hybrid Premium Package white in color for 2 weeks now and i saw a scratch near the hood, im still thinking if i will try that scratch pen from kia or not, because i had like the same scratch on my wife's Red KIA Soul and it didnt went well :angry:

· Registered
2011 Optima SX, Corsa Blue
33 Posts
Depending on how big the scratch is and if it's just the top coat, I've had great success with Meguiar's ScratchX. On a side note, recently found out it's also helpful in removing scratches from the brushed aluminum case on a macbook pro.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't want to mess up the paint on a new car i don't get how they get there today i was looking at my car and found 2 more small one's there very small but i don't like to see them. there a lot of things at canadian tire but i never tryed any of them. that why i was look at the pen from kia looks like it was made for that.

· Registered
192 Posts
The pen is touch up paint.. it isn't meant for scratches as far as I can tell.. Either get a non abrasive scratch kit at an auto parts store or like I said I used the colored turtle wax and the scratches simply vanish.. so long as they are light and only in the clear coat.. The colored wax does not remove any clear coat.. that's what I liked about it... anyway.. keep it simple if they are minor..

· Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L & 2012 Optima Premium Hybrid, 1989 KR-1 250cc "2stroke"
101 Posts
The pen is touch up paint.. it isn't meant for scratches as far as I can tell.. Either get a non abrasive scratch kit at an auto parts store or like I said I used the colored turtle wax and the scratches simply vanish.. so long as they are light and only in the clear coat.. The colored wax does not remove any clear coat.. that's what I liked about it... anyway.. keep it simple if they are minor..
in my part i have decided, ill leave it that way :auto:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.