Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE...As some here know I was snooping around this great forum asking questions about the Kia Spectra-5.
Weeellllll
I bought the Corolla-S Home today.
I would have liked Silver but none around, heck I've got the only 06 5-speed around! And it's black metalic...very sharp with the ground effects and rear wing, and the alloy wheels really stand out with the black body paint.

Whats really great, I put 70 some miles on it and the fuel gauge is still on (F)...!
True I liked the (looks) of the KIA Spectra-5 4 door hatch back...but the toyota really is a solid car all the way around. And I have some peace of mind this vehicle will do the 130 miles a day-5days a week.
Note...at 70 mph in 5th gear I was only turning some 2500 RPM and still had good passing power!

And about the extended warranty...well I got the 6/100 for $645.00 and not the grand I was told!

Thanks again for all the info given Ray.

Ps. one other thing that made me go Toyota...this morning first thing I called my local KIA dealer's parts counter. I asked for front brake pads for the Spectra-5.
Are ya ready for this......
$110.00 for the front 4 pads :huh: AND the next kicker...they weren't in stock! They had to order simple brake pads! Can't imagine if I needed something like a starter $$$$$$$$$$$$ not to mention the wait for them to get it in! Plus the Toyota's hold their value like nothing else.

I'll continue to read this Forum...as I want to know how new Spectra-5 owners are making out.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Sorry to hear ya didnt get the Spectra5 but congrats on the Corolla-S. I have owned Toyotas in the past and they are a great automobile. If I was to buy another vehicle and couldnt buy a Kia Toyota would be my next choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts