Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. It seems the recent hurricane has contributed to the top of a tree landing on the roof of my 04 KIA Optima. The tree landed behind the sun roof (still works, no leaks) but left a very large dent/impression in the roof panel behind the sun roof.

Can anyone advise how to remove the inside roof panel so I may try to push the dent outward? The dent (while large) is smooth and no paint is chipped off. I'm thinking if I can remove the inside liner I might get lucky and push it back out.

Yes I have insurance, but with the back log of claims they are telling me it may be a while before they can get to it since my car is driveable.

And to KIA Inc. the little car held up well considering the size of the tree top/weight and distance it fell (or rather sailed) in landing on top of the car!

THNX

T.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:00000732: Frank,...So sorry to hear that the tree put a dent in your beauty. Have you tried calling Pop A Dent in your area? Wish I could help you more on this matter of importance. Let us know what you find out :)

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
OUCH! Sorry to hear about that... hope you find some help. The only thing that I can tell you (IF you haven't done it already) to see how much it would be. NEWayz, good luck! :57:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Find an automotive upholstery shop who does headliners and they can pull the headliner for you professionally so you can try to pop the dent yourself...Just a thought...hope it works for you !!!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts