Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this a few days ago, sat nav works great, can't seem to able to get any updates just yet on KIA MOTORS, was told that free updates come on the 12th and 24th month of buying the car, would like my address which is on a new street to be there

No auto wipers even though dealer told me there will be one, seems they are not avail in Australia. New Zealand has them though.

No electronic parking brakes

Hoping for smart park assist system, but not there

No digital radio, had to install the pure highway 300di

Anybody else with the satnav model ?

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2001, Kia Optima Platinum 2012
5 Posts
Don't have one but thought the Sat Nav model would have the electronic parking brake

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am now the proud owner of a Kia Optima Platinum MY12 with sat nav in graphite. Only had it a few days, but love the drive, very nice. Anyway, I did have a few questions maybe someone can help me with. The sat nav model I have does not seem to have a 6 cd stacker, is this correct on this model, or am I missing how to stack cd's, and if so, anyone tell me how to do it! Also, MP3 via USB seems to work, but sometimes certain songs have will stutter, I have put it down to the bit rate, but anyone else have a similar occurrence?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a optmia platinum with sat/nav , 6 months old now. The model with sat nav does not have a cd stacker , I my self have a micro 32gig usb thumb drive with mp3's plugged in .
There has been a issue with the sat nav / media system in that it locks up now and then(kia are working on a fix)
I have not noticed any problems whilst playing MP3's from a usb drive , I do use a scandisk and believe if you use a cheep brand that it's data read speed is slower then this can cause issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't have one but thought the Sat Nav model would have the electronic parking brake
Depends on the year. 2012 manual foot operated hand brake, 2013 electric hand brake button.

Sat nav standard for 2013 but not all 2012 (pending build date) or some was retro fitted (dealer specials etc)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts