Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Take a look on the attached picture. What do you think?

First I just used the standard Kia Optima rims, but after some time they got a bit boring. So I bought and attached the 3D Carbon Wheel Masks. (just wanted to fresh up the design a bit)

But I ended up with my own idea and design to use the Carbon Wheel Masks, I haven't seen others do the same setup? :) I think it looks pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 RIV CONVERTIBLE, 2011 KIA OPTIMA SX, 2014 BUICK LACROSSE PREMIUM II
97 Posts
I like it!

I have looked at these carbon fiber masks several times on eBay, and I like how you modified them too. But, I am concerned how well they would wear in rain and snow, and through car washes. Seems like they would peel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have looked at these carbon fiber masks several times on eBay, and I like how you modified them too. But, I am concerned how well they would wear in rain and snow, and through car washes. Seems like they would peel.
No, they dont peel at all. I have had mine on my car for 3 months now, and had no problems at all. I have washed my car many times, and driven in rain with them. They don't go off that easy. And I got 4 extra masks with for free, but so far I haven't had any use for them :)

So don't worry, they stick to the rims nearly 100% (actually it is a little bit hard to get them off again, I tried with 1 - but no problem). Of course it's important that you clean the rims 100% and remove any grease, oil and dust, before mounting. I used a little bit of water - that I sprayed on. After that I let it dry for 10 hours - and the result was and still is perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts