Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought this car used literally a month ago and the engine has been misfiring since the mechanic I bought it from has changed the spark plugs, the coils, the electrical wiring, the fuel regulator, almost everything under the sun we can think of and he’s pretty much about to give up but I don’t want to go without a car. Any advice on what it could be?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,962 Posts
So I just bought this car used literally a month ago and the engine has been misfiring since the mechanic I bought it from has changed the spark plugs, the coils, the electrical wiring, the fuel regulator, almost everything under the sun we can think of and he’s pretty much about to give up but I don’t want to go without a car. Any advice on what it could be?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,962 Posts
Throwing parts at it is not what qualified mechanics do - your best bet may be to find a qualified mechanic or take it to a Kia dealership.

Its not practical for folks here to make suggestions for you to relay them to what sounds like an unqualified mechanic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts