Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I got my Kia Optima in June 2004 - and have been spending lots of time at the workshop rectifying some issues.

Apparently mine was the first complaint - so nobody knew what to do. When 4 other models had similar issues, ah! Finally they get support from Korea & the main problem is gone. main problem? What others do you think I have?

Right now, it's back in the worshop. hard braking causes the car to veer to the left (in Malysia, we drive on the left hand side of the road anyway.

The worskhop guys try hard - but some of the issues are in-coming reliability problems. And all with one batch manufactured in Feb 2004.

One fitter has obviously had a bad day! But if any of you have faced similar problems, drop me a line as to how you rectified it and if not, how you are coping with it.

Otherwise, the car is a joy to drive. I still will recommend a Kia to others (after my problem is settled)

Cheers!

Shankar

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not unusual for other cars costing 2-3 times of what you paid also ended up in the workshop for warranty repair. Looks like most cars nowadays are mass produced if it does not cost a quarter million or more.

Can see you know the obvious design refinement in Optima, even to recommend Kia despite of this hiccup.

Originally posted by skaila5@Dec 22 2004, 10:16 PM
Hi guys,
I got my Kia Optima in June 2004 - and have been spending lots of time at the workshop rectifying some issues.

Apparently mine was the first complaint - so nobody knew what to do. When 4 other models had similar issues, ah! Finally they get support from Korea & the main problem is gone. main problem? What others do you think I have?

Right now, it's back in the worshop. hard braking causes the car to veer to the left (in Malysia, we drive on the left hand side of the road anyway.

The worskhop guys try hard - but some of the issues are in-coming reliability problems. And all with one batch manufactured in Feb 2004.

One fitter has obviously had a bad day! But if any of you have faced similar problems, drop me a line as to how you rectified it and if not, how you are coping with it.

Otherwise, the car is a joy to drive. I still will recommend a Kia to others (after my problem is settled)

Cheers!

Shankar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts