Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the 2013 Sportage EX (Black Cherry). Loving it to death. Not sure why the majority of consumer reports don't give it a huge thumbs up. Oh well, it is what I think that matters.

Question for the community? I have on order, and on Monday will have installed, the Kia OEM crossbars. Has anybody had any experience with them? They seem to be tall enough to maybe stand out too much and I am worried about them not being very attractive to the good looks of the vehicle (and detracting from the attractiveness). Also, if there will be any gas economy hits, wind noise, etc due to the height of the units.

Anybody have any input for me before I make this happen? Thanks in advance.:D

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
I'm sure they work well (do not own them). But, as you mentioned, they're ugly and in my opinion do take away from the good looks of the sportage. They are much cheaper usually than compatible aftermarket versions which is a selling point. But, the aftermarket ones look a million times better (aero bars). Rhino aero bars are nice and I've heard only good things. I've seen them for under $300 delivered so not too pricy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I fit a set of these as and when we need them. They aren't particularly noisy but you do know they are there. As for their effect on mpg, it depends what is fixed to the bars.

·
Vendor
Kia Soul, Kia Optima, Kia Sorento, Kia Forte, or any Kia!
75 Posts
Kia Sportage Cross Bars

Hello Sportage drivers,

The Genuine OEM Kia Sportage Cross Bars does offer plenty of bang for your buck. It will absolutely get the job done and carry around 220 lbs evenly distributed. Naturally, you don't want to just lay weight in one centered area and break the bars and have everything cave in and dent your roof!

But anyways, they come in black and are wee bit high from the roof of your crossover. I wouldn't say it's something that kills the looks of your ride, though. This was probably a design to help loop thing under the bars or to make sure nothing is leaning on the roof of your car and scratching it up. So I suppose the height of it can be debatable.

But they are pretty inexpensive. We offer them on our site (with free shipping) for $190.50. And you can also use a coupon code that will take 10% off your purchase. So hopefully you can make use of the following:
1. Free ship on all order $150 or more within the continental U.S.A.
2. Use the following coupon code for 10% off your purchase: codekf

If you ever need help, make use of our "Contact Us" page and we'll get back to you ASAP!

- Team KiaStuff -

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage SX AWD
25 Posts
Here is pics of mine installed, I also installed some Inno Racks INOINA724 Universal Ratcheting Straps for 85 bucks and they work great for strapping down a ladder or kayak. They look a lot better than after market ones that hang over the edge of the car

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage SX AWD
9 Posts
Hey guys resurrecting an old thread here. Just bought a used 2012 Sportage SX and need crossrails. The OEM are not expensive ($190) but as the OP stated they do look a bit high off the roof. I saw the Rola rack which is obviously not OEM but sits a bit lower on the roof. Can't post a pic of them on my Chromebook and couldn't attach the link because I am new to this forum! They are about $235 on Amazon so about $40 more expensive than the OEM. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
119 Posts
Hey guys resurrecting an old thread here. Just bought a used 2012 Sportage SX and need crossrails. The OEM are not expensive ($190) but as the OP stated they do look a bit high off the roof. I saw the Rola rack which is obviously not OEM but sits a bit lower on the roof. Can't post a pic of them on my Chromebook and couldn't attach the link because I am new to this forum! They are about $235 on Amazon so about $40 more expensive than the OEM. Any thoughts? Thanks.
got a set never used, id sell im out on Long Island, pick up only

·
Registered
2013 KIA Sportage LX AWD (Extensive upgrade list)
162 Posts
I own the OEM cross-bars and have them mounted on a 2013 LX AWD. They're a little tall but I don't mind the look as they are very thin in height. I don't notice any MPG reduction or noise.

·
Registered
Car: 2016 Sportage 2.0 Petrol (Aussie)...Bike: Suzuki GSF1250S Bandit with sidecar
268 Posts
I went with the aftermarket Whisper Bars, these stick past the support legs. I specifically wanted this type design as it means there is more "space" for loads as I can get right to the edge of the roof. IMHO you lose a good percentage of load space with the OEM design. Noise wise, these are aircraft type profile and supposedly are the quietest - you can just hear a bit of wind noise but they are pretty good. Looks/economy, well I leave them on all the time so these issues don't bother me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts