Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I'm looking for advice or help. I bought a used Stinger (2.0t) this past June 2019. It had 8,200 miles on it. I drove it until it had 22,000 miles on it and suddenly one morning in mid-January 2020, when I started it up it ran oddly rough. I drove it around as I was doing Uber at the time. The check engine light came on that morning and I took it to the Kia dealer that day. Later on I was informed by the dealer that one of the cylinders had zero compression and the engine would have to be replaced. Apparently there is some evidence of this particular car may have had an engine tuning chip installed on it by the prior owner. So, now Kia is reviewing whether they are going to fix my car under the existing powertrain warranty or not. They've had my car for a month now with no resolve. I've been in constant contact with my dealer but they can't do anything. I have also complained to Kia Consumer Affairs several times but they are pretty useless. I'm officially pissed off at this point and not sure what else I can do. I'm open to any advice or ideas anyone might have.
Thank you!

James
2018 Kia Stiner Premium

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
231 Posts
Most manufacturer's will not honor warranties if the vehicle has been chipped. Your only recourse might be to go after the previous owner if they hadn't fully disclosed that it had been chipped.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,008 Posts
New member here. I'm looking for advice or help. I bought a used Stinger (2.0t) this past June 2019. It had 8,200 miles on it. I drove it until it had 22,000 miles on it and suddenly one morning in mid-January 2020, when I started it up it ran oddly rough. I drove it around as I was doing Uber at the time. The check engine light came on that morning and I took it to the Kia dealer that day. Later on I was informed by the dealer that one of the cylinders had zero compression and the engine would have to be replaced. Apparently there is some evidence of this particular car may have had an engine tuning chip installed on it by the prior owner. So, now Kia is reviewing whether they are going to fix my car under the existing powertrain warranty or not. They've had my car for a month now with no resolve. I've been in constant contact with my dealer but they can't do anything. I have also complained to Kia Consumer Affairs several times but they are pretty useless. I'm officially pissed off at this point and not sure what else I can do. I'm open to any advice or ideas anyone might have.
Thank you!

James
2018 Kia Stiner Premium
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/account-details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts