Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kia Niro has developed a problem in that when I am on a telephone call (using Handsfree), I can clearly hear the other party but they cannot hear me. This happens whether I am receiving the call or making the call. So far, I have had the speaker in the interior replaced, the radio replaced, the software replaced and updated.....still the problem persists. I have also changed phones (now an iPhone 7) and still there is a problem with this handsfree.
I am exasperated with this. In this day and age, it should be possible to get a handsfree working in a car? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

At the moment the garage is working with a 'hotline' which apparently means they contact the main dealers with the problem and await their advice for what to try next.
thanks, if anyone can help.

Terry Malone

·
Registered
Sorento EX, 2013, Niro PHEV SX, 2019
43 Posts
Does any of the voice controlled system work?
can't see it's the speaker, more likely the microphone.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,785 Posts
The microphone.... Had mine for 2 years 11 months with only the broken door handle problem!!!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,606 Posts
My Kia Niro has developed a problem in that when I am on a telephone call (using Handsfree), I can clearly hear the other party but they cannot hear me. This happens whether I am receiving the call or making the call. So far, I have had the speaker in the interior replaced, the radio replaced, the software replaced and updated.....still the problem persists. I have also changed phones (now an iPhone 7) and still there is a problem with this handsfree.
I am exasperated with this. In this day and age, it should be possible to get a handsfree working in a car? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

At the moment the garage is working with a 'hotline' which apparently means they contact the main dealers with the problem and await their advice for what to try next.
thanks, if anyone can help.

Terry Malone
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts