Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had purchased Kia Mohave (full options) last year in Dubai. The rear camera DOES NOT operate everytime I put the revers gear. Sometimes it operates and sometimes it does not. When it does not operate the green light on the mirror blinks.

This problem has occured since the date of purchase. The service centre have claimed to have rechecked the wiring and replaced the rear view mirror. But the problem continues even today.

Does anyone else have this problem? Please advise what can be done.

KP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eric Burgess

I had purchased Kia Mohave (full options) last year in Dubai. The rear camera DOES NOT operate everytime I put the revers gear. Sometimes it operates and sometimes it does not. When it does not operate the green light on the mirror blinks.

This problem has occured since the date of purchase. The service centre have claimed to have rechecked the wiring and replaced the rear view mirror. But the problem continues even today.

Does anyone else have this problem? Please advise what can be done.

KP
Yes I have the same problem. And Got the same answers you did and if it happens again bring it back. Eric

·
Registered
21 Posts
After leaving the car with the dealer to replace rear hatch gasket my camera stopped working too. They did wash the truck and there was some water accumulation on the backup sensors. Instruction manual says it could interfere with back up system, so no matter how many times I restarted the car - the sensor light was blinking and camera did not work. The next day it started to work again and did not fail yet even in the rain.
You may ask the dealer to hook the truck to their computer so it resets the software system. I have read that this helps with the backup camera. Also, someone mentioned resetting the connectors inside the rear hatch have helped with the camera problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually, my camera failed yesterday too :( . It was after opening the hatch and closing it. It did reset itself later on. Today I will ask the dealer to take a look at the connectors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my dealer agreed to reset the connector in the rear hatch (with conductor paste) and so far the camera did not fail

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm having the same issue and its been around since new. My backup camera seems to go out when its warm outside... as during the winter months I don't notice any problem. Its been warm in Southern California lately and the camera is pretty much dead lately. My dealer wants to go through the wiring on mine. I don't have time to deal with it and when I get an oil change the dealer doesn't have time either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
kiadad
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing