Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Kia Mentor 1.8lt.. I could be driving along and the car seems to surge, when i stop at the intersection the car has no power when i put the foot down. The car does not stall the engine is still running but there is no power and it seems to do this after it has been surging, shortly after there is a rotten egg smell and it idles rough. This happens after about 15 minutes of driving, then it has its little moment and then its fine again untill the next time....
I am feeling it may be a sensor going off somewhere.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

If the check engine light (CEL) is on - would recommend hooking up an OBDII scanner and getting the trouble (DTC) codes in the engine computer read, that will help to determine the problem..

If the catalytic converter is original to the vehicle: a clogged / blocked cat. converter can make the vehicle "buck" or "surge" also. Given the model year of the vehicle, if the cat. converter is original to the vehicle, that is a possibility also.

You may also want to view posts and/or search over at the Sephia forum here on the site:
2G (1998 - 2001) Sephia - Kia Forum

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts