Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure were to post :S:S but anyway

hey guys my old girl wants her little kia mentor serviced i think its year 1999, i can follow that up if its important?

basicly it says Kia DOHC 16v on this black plate on the engine and i was wondering are the spark plugs under this? ive searched the friken thing and cant find em anywhere could any kind person please tell me where they are?

i am also to curious to ask what else is recommended to do besides dropping the oil and changing the oil filter and fuel filter etc. as on my vp commodore she likes a throttle body clean, radiator flush, the oils etc air filter and fuel filter to make it run smooth again. is there any little things to do that make a difference when servicing these kia's? or same things pretty much?

im fairly cluey now a days with cars i work on my vp commodore alot and my girlfriends little 2000 barina. just after a few tips as ive never really worked on kia's.

cheers guys thanks in advance

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Those plastic covers on the engine usually just pull off. Nylon clip sort of thingys; one corner first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont worry i have found the spark plugs. is there any certain service procedure these like like how my commodore likes the throttle body cleaned all the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Top of the engine? Reckon they might be under there. You might need an extension socket.
hey mate i found them they were under that cover on the top of the engine held in by the screws. i just didnt see 3 of the plugs when i looked under it last time as there is blocks with some sort of hard goo covering 3 of the buggas.

i got all the tools so im sweet for them.... is there any additional things i should do that will make it run that bit better?

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
I got all the tools so im sweet for them.... is there any additional things i should do that will make it run that bit better?
As you may have worked out, I don't know that model well. Normal maintenance (as per Commodore) should be OK. You could check out the condition of the catalytic converter, also timing belt.

By the way, we inherited a Commodore from Cooma, NSW, so it became known as the Coomadore. Basic but reliable; did 400,000 km in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts