Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i've had my kia mentor for about a year now. i've fully decked it out with over $3000 of stearo and multimedia. And am now looking at increasing it exterior looks and power. But i just don;t know where to start and what will give me the most power;. I need to get a body kit for it also. Oh, i already have an exhaust, a 2 1/2 inch pipe from the manifold to a 3 1/3 inch cannon, that's it. well if anyone can help please do....

Cheers,,,,

:alien: ShadeS :alien:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,063 Posts
Im not to familiar with the mentor?
what engine it has?
what does it look like? lol
only place here in the states to get performance stuff and body modifications like body kits is
www.kfxperformance.com
Email him see what he can get as not everything he has is listed as far as i know.
best i can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey people im from australia and i just brought a mentor for my first car and my friends called me a dick head and many mor because they say u cant do up a kia but i want to prove them wrong by doing it up but i cant seem to find the parts to fit the car to make it go faster
u know performance

·
Registered
1998 Kia Mentor
1 Posts
Hey I got a series one 1998 kia mentor GLX Sport. i brought an electric supercharger from ebay aswel as an ECU mod and now it flys maxing out at 230km/h on a 1/4 mile with fast acceleration, none of this slow crap it use to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
k&n air filter ?

I've tried to get an performance air filter, though it seams they don't exist, has anyone found one for a series 2 mentor 1.5l dohc auto?

My mentor is so economical its not funny 14+klm per liter city driving. With regular maintenance of replacing stock parts with performance I am resonably happy with my mentor.
Soon I am doing a transmission filter and fluid flush (as much as a man can do), with putting in semi synth fluid 'penrite ATF MHP' as I am finding my gear changes a bit lazy.
Motor oil is always quality for the DOHC, but yes other than the ideas in this thread so far I am at a stop for major hard core performance mods, and the more affordable do-able mods.

Other - larger exhaust, gt bendix brakes , stereo speakers etc, nearly 170,000klms on clock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.