Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i've had my kia mentor for about a year now. i've fully decked it out with over $3000 of stearo and multimedia. And am now looking at increasing it exterior looks and power. But i just don;t know where to start and what will give me the most power;. I need to get a body kit for it also. Oh, i already have an exhaust, a 2 1/2 inch pipe from the manifold to a 3 1/3 inch cannon, that's it. well if anyone can help please do....

Cheers,,,,

:alien: ShadeS :alien:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey people im from australia and i just brought a mentor for my first car and my friends called me a dick head and many mor because they say u cant do up a kia but i want to prove them wrong by doing it up but i cant seem to find the parts to fit the car to make it go faster
u know performance

·
Registered
1998 Kia Mentor
1 Posts
Hey I got a series one 1998 kia mentor GLX Sport. i brought an electric supercharger from ebay aswel as an ECU mod and now it flys maxing out at 230km/h on a 1/4 mile with fast acceleration, none of this slow crap it use to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
k&n air filter ?

I've tried to get an performance air filter, though it seams they don't exist, has anyone found one for a series 2 mentor 1.5l dohc auto?

My mentor is so economical its not funny 14+klm per liter city driving. With regular maintenance of replacing stock parts with performance I am resonably happy with my mentor.
Soon I am doing a transmission filter and fluid flush (as much as a man can do), with putting in semi synth fluid 'penrite ATF MHP' as I am finding my gear changes a bit lazy.
Motor oil is always quality for the DOHC, but yes other than the ideas in this thread so far I am at a stop for major hard core performance mods, and the more affordable do-able mods.

Other - larger exhaust, gt bendix brakes , stereo speakers etc, nearly 170,000klms on clock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts